Steering shake at stand still

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steering shake at stand still

Maybe its normal maybe it is not. The steering shakes when idling and the AC on. If I turn the wheel a little to left or right the rev go up and down also. You can feel slight vibration and heaviness in the car when this is occuring.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile shaking ?

ok.. if your steering shakes or virbates while car is at idle . wait for stop sign or signal to turn green.. that means you need to replace front and side engine mounts. if it is so bad you might want to change the rear engine mount too. if your steering shakes when car in motion like at fwy speed, it is your wheels are not balanced, you need to take to tire shop to have them all rebalance all four wheels and tires. when your car sit still.. at the light and you turn your steering wheel without the car being moving.. your rpm idle will go up as you turn the steering wheel.. it is normal because you are puting power to the steering pump etc. engine needs more pwr to make your wheel moves.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by achan268888
ok.. if your steering shakes or virbates while car is at idle . wait for stop sign or signal to turn green.. that means you need to replace front and side engine mounts. if it is so bad you might want to change the rear engine mount too. if your steering shakes when car in motion like at fwy speed, it is your wheels are not balanced, you need to take to tire shop to have them all rebalance all four wheels and tires. when your car sit still.. at the light and you turn your steering wheel without the car being moving.. your rpm idle will go up as you turn the steering wheel.. it is normal because you are puting power to the steering pump etc. engine needs more pwr to make your wheel moves.
Thanks for the reply. It only notice the steering shake at a standstill, with ac on steering shakes as does the floor pan area , when I turn the ac off then the shake disappears but I hear a whistle noise from steering wheel when I turn it slightly left or right. I guess this is PAS related , power steering fluid level is ok.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Instructor

I have had the same shake in my 05 TSX when the AC is on for quite some time now. It hasn't gotten worse in the 2 years i've owned the car so I came to take it as normal. As for the RPM going up and down when you turn wheels at a standstill, it is normal, just like the guy said above..
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thermos
I have had the same shake in my 05 TSX when the AC is on for quite some time now. It hasn't gotten worse in the 2 years i've owned the car so I came to take it as normal. As for the RPM going up and down when you turn wheels at a standstill, it is normal, just like the guy said above..
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.