Squeaky noise from brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaky noise from brake pedal

When I step on the brake pedal, usually there is some squeaky noise coming out. Quite annoying. I have asked the dealer about the noise. The dealer said the noise is normal because the power brake booster is working. I have driven a number of cars of other makes. Never heard of this kind of explanation.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Goldmember

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hgwtsx
When I step on the brake pedal, usually there is some squeaky noise coming out. Quite annoying. I have asked the dealer about the noise. The dealer said the noise is normal because the power brake booster is working. I have driven a number of cars of other makes. Never heard of this kind of explanation.
That's baloney. Mine doesn't squeek at all. Punch them in the face and tell them that's normal because your pissed of bs detector is working.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scl23
That's baloney. Mine doesn't squeek at all. Punch them in the face and tell them that's normal because your pissed of bs detector is working.

Oh my Gosh! Funniest thing i've heard all day, and i've been listening to XM xomedy.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Mine does this too, but others have told me it's normal. Anyone else have this on their 04-08?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Instructor

Found the solution to this issue. Remove the plastic panel underneath where the brake pedal is located. Once you do, you'll see a metal coil the brake pedal is attached to. Now at first, you'll see a lot of grease and think to yourself there's no way that can be the source of the noise but believe it or not it is. I got a can of WD40 and sprayed the hell out of the upper-most portion of the coil. Then I stepped on the pedal a few times to distribute the spray and lo and behold the squeak disappeared and has never returned. The resources on this forum have been invaluable to me so I'm glad I can finally contribute and give my two cents.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by str8 tsx
Found the solution to this issue. Remove the plastic panel underneath where the brake pedal is located. Once you do, you'll see a metal coil the brake pedal is attached to. Now at first, you'll see a lot of grease and think to yourself there's no way that can be the source of the noise but believe it or not it is. I got a can of WD40 and sprayed the hell out of the upper-most portion of the coil. Then I stepped on the pedal a few times to distribute the spray and lo and behold the squeak disappeared and has never returned. The resources on this forum have been invaluable to me so I'm glad I can finally contribute and give my two cents.

Nice, I will try this as I have the same problem as well.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by str8 tsx
any pix ???
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 PM
5th Gear

Don't listen to the stupid dealer, he obviously knows nothing.

I'm guessing it's the 5speed A/T and if it is then this is most likely your issue. And all you need is a dab of white lithium grease.

I tried a few things before easily fixing this obnoxiousness problem. And ill tell you i tried greasing the metal coil too with no resaults as it was already still greased well. The problem was from the small white button you see up on the brake pedal after removing the plastic shield. You can tell by pressing the brake pedal in then putting your finger on it and pushing it in and out. This is the button that allows the car to be changed from park to drive when you press the brake pedal in. (which is why im 90% sure this would only be an issue in a car with the A/T)

To fix this:

1. Turn the key too II so that you can apply the break pedal without the fluid pressure building up.

2. locate the small white switch and unplug it.

3. Give the switch a half turn and pull it out.

4. There is a small button on the clip you release to open up the switch. PAY ATTENTION NOT TO LOOSE THE SPRING OR ANY SMALL PARTS!!

5. Simply apply white lithium grease on pretty much the whole inside where friction occurs and on the white post which extends to the brake pedal.

6. Put it back together and press the button a bunch to get the grease set and to confirm lack of squeak.

7. When you are putting the switch back in its just a small half turn to tighten it. The teeth on there are just to change the adjustment of where the switch and the pedal align to press and release the button.

8. Get it aligned as i said plug it in and drive in silence.

Hope that helps o.0
Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by spaceboy
any pix ???
Originally Posted by TAndrewsx
Don't listen to the stupid dealer, he obviously knows nothing.

I'm guessing it's the 5speed A/T and if it is then this is most likely your issue. And all you need is a dab of white lithium grease.

I tried a few things before easily fixing this obnoxiousness problem. And ill tell you i tried greasing the metal coil too with no resaults as it was already still greased well. The problem was from the small white button you see up on the brake pedal after removing the plastic shield. You can tell by pressing the brake pedal in then putting your finger on it and pushing it in and out. This is the button that allows the car to be changed from park to drive when you press the brake pedal in. (which is why im 90% sure this would only be an issue in a car with the A/T)

To fix this:

1. Turn the key too II so that you can apply the break pedal without the fluid pressure building up.

2. locate the small white switch and unplug it.

3. Give the switch a half turn and pull it out.

4. There is a small button on the clip you release to open up the switch. PAY ATTENTION NOT TO LOOSE THE SPRING OR ANY SMALL PARTS!!

5. Simply apply white lithium grease on pretty much the whole inside where friction occurs and on the white post which extends to the brake pedal.

6. Put it back together and press the button a bunch to get the grease set and to confirm lack of squeak.

7. When you are putting the switch back in its just a small half turn to tighten it. The teeth on there are just to change the adjustment of where the switch and the pedal align to press and release the button.

8. Get it aligned as i said plug it in and drive in silence.

Hope that helps o.0
Thanks for the input guys, though since the thread is a year old, I'd guess they either figured it out or they're driving something other than an Acura.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:34 PM
5th Gear

oops sorry i just joined saw it and replied!