Something inside my door...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something inside my door...

I have a very annoying problem... I washed my car yesterday and later I rolled down my window, something must've fell inside the driver side's door. I rolled up my windows again and something just smeared and streaked on the inside of my window. it looks like this ||||||, from the very top to the very bottom. I cleaned it off when I got to work but if I roll down and up again, it's there again! I can't say it's a bug because I might see some pretty bad color and legs but the smear looks like some sort of gunk (like glue residue); it looks dirty but clear. It's very annoying. Can anyone suggest anything? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out for me? or should I just live with it? I really don't know what it is and it's inside my door and I hate cleaning it off every time.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Hmmm, that's strange. I wouldn't live with it, I'd take to the dealer and have them check it out. May be some sort of oil from the actuators.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Boring Teacher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had that happen to mine also. It was glue that they use to hold the plastic sheeting onto the door itself. The plastic acts as a noise barrier...I guess. Anyway, my glue got real soft from the heat and the plastic slid off of it and the glue gunk got on the strip of black rubber at the top of the door panel. Just take a credit card and wrap it in a paper towel and wipe that black strip off. That did the trick for me. I did eventually take the door panel off to reposition the plastic sheeting.
Hope that helps!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiledkari
I had that happen to mine also. It was glue that they use to hold the plastic sheeting onto the door itself. The plastic acts as a noise barrier...I guess. Anyway, my glue got real soft from the heat and the plastic slid off of it and the glue gunk got on the strip of black rubber at the top of the door panel. Just take a credit card and wrap it in a paper towel and wipe that black strip off. That did the trick for me. I did eventually take the door panel off to reposition the plastic sheeting.
Hope that helps!
does anyone have a pic? i just noticed one (just one) streak on my driver side window. from the top and 4-5 inches in length. don't know if it's the glue or not or just dirt. how wide is it? and if it is the side panel being out of place, is there more than one streak?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
take it to the dealership and have them warranty it.