Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 02:28 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles

I know this is the Car Talk section but seeing as how quickly people respond here I thought I'd ask a question. I've just discovered this site and have been reading on the Car Problems and Fixes section about the worrisome rattles issue(s). I am frankly very surprised that this is apparently a problem with an Acura.

My question is: Is this problem bad enough that those of you with it regret your purchase? I HATE rattles. I intend to drive this car pretty hard on backroads/twisties that aren't always the smoothest. Rattles would definitely ruin it for me.

Randy
Old 08-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just my opinion, but I don't think rattles are really that big an issue on the TSX. It is common for these sites to include problem reports from drivers. SInce the only problem most of have experienced in the early going are related to rattles, that is what you see a lot of on this site. There aren't many of us who are experiencing more serious problems (at least at this early point) and so the focus is on squeaks-and-rattles.

From my own experience, I've got a TSX with about 3,000 miles on it. I live in Los Angeles, which has the worst roads of anyplace I've ever lived (and I lived in places where there was active military conflict!). I'm always hitting bumps, but my car has generally been squeak free. After about 1,000 miles, the slide that cover the sunroof opening got loose and has started to rattle. But, I see that as a relatively minor issue, one of the small flaws you might get from a car right after you take delivery. I don't hear a sound from the seats, doors or dash.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't regret my car for a second and since this is a rattle topic, I'm moving it to problems and fixes. BTW, you're on crack if you think LA has the worst roads. Try Chicago or Detroit.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have spent that much time in Det. and the winters are obviously going to take their toll out there. I have spent a bit more time in Chicago. But, traffic our here in Los Angeles is qutie intense and the government is effectively bankrupt. Roads are very badly maintained, worse so than anywhere I've ever lived and, yes, worse than Chicago, IMO.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Intermediate

You guys answer his question, its concerning me too. I test drove the tsx twice now and didnt know about the rattle issues either time, but want to test drive it again to see if i can hear them. Radio off, windows up, some say it rattles. Some say bass +5 volume 20 and you will definatly hear it. I think i can live without the +5 bass, but some say there are rattles no matter what. And with the service and answers that some have been getting, (like sorry sir this is your problem and there is nothing we can do.) Im a little concerned. If they would just come out with a damn fix for the window one i think that i would be %100 sure about the car and not the %75 that i am. If this thing rattles after i get it is it going to ruine my experience.?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear

Rattles

No I do not regret buying my car (Euro-Accord Tourer). I am confident that the rattle can, and will be, cured by my dealer.

In normal driving I do not have any rattles, only when playing heavy bass tunes and above 70mph on rough roads.