questions about change the brake fluid and transmission fluid

Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about change the brake fluid and transmission fluid

my Car is 2004 TSX automatic
i wanna ask how many quarts brake fluid need to change it ? because i wanna buy it online and go to auto shop to change it!
which brand of brake fluid is good ?
any other stuff need to buy ? or just the fluid ?

and also for transmission fluid ! how many quarts of fluid need to change the transmission!
which brand is good ?

3. usually if u go to auto shop to ask them to help u change them how much for the labor fees ?
my auto shop for change engine oil is $10 labor fee with oil and filter!

Because i dun want to go to dealer to change,usually more expensive!

thank you so much

i am a new driver ! i know nth about car, i thought we just need to change oil for every 5000 miles (mobil 1)

thx for helping me!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rodleung68

i am a new driver ! i know nth about car, i thought we just need to change oil for every 5000 miles (mobil 1)

thx for helping me!
I think you won't save much as mechanics charge way more than $10 these jobs. For real savings learn to do it yourself.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 AM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SEARCH the wealth of info on our car.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by rodleung68
i wanna ask how many quarts brake fluid need to change it ? because i wanna buy it online and go to auto shop to change it!
which brand of brake fluid is good ?

and also for transmission fluid ! how many quarts of fluid need to change the transmission!
which brand is good ?

3. usually if u go to auto shop to ask them to help u change them how much for the labor fees ?
my auto shop for change engine oil is $10 labor fee with oil and filter!

Because i dun want to go to dealer to change,usually more expensive!

thank you so much

thx for helping me!
Most independent repair shops prefer to provide the parts for the work they do. Since they also make a profit on the parts (or fluid in these cases), my guess is that they'll charge you more in labor costs to make up the difference if you provided the fluids (I would)(charge more). And.... labor rates vary so much by region, I think you'd be better off to call around and get some prices for the specific job (change the brake fluid, change ATF, etc). I think any name brand DOT 3 brake fluid would suffice for a refresh, though I would strongly recommend using the latest Honda ATF when you change the AT fluid (I'd use Honda brake fluid too, but that's your call). I don't really agree with advice offered elsewhere here (in regards to learning to do it yourself)(for these two jobs anyway). The AT fluid change is due every 60K miles or so, the brake fluid change every 3 years (regardless of mileage). These are long intervals and not worth attempting to learn and perform yourself (in my opinion).

If you do buy the necessary parts (fluid, etc.) for the two jobs you've listed, I believe all you need for the brake fluid change is brake fluid (no idea how much), but there are a few special tools you'd need. You'll need 9 quarts of ATF and a drain plug washer if the ATF change is done properly (drain and refill 3 times with a short drive in between, and the new drain plug washer installed after the last drain).
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the price is not a problem

i just wanna know is there any brand is good and how many quarts for changing brake and transmission!

like mobil 1 is good very oil change