Possible Patterns ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Patterns ?

I just had a question about all the reported incidents of different rattles and whistles coming from the Dash and Doors of the TSX. I have personally not had any issues or sounds in mine YET, but was curious if these problems have been maybe isolated to US or Canadian models, or both. Perhaps it is just the American models with these issues, I am just curious ?

So on that note, is there any Canadians that are experiencing these problems ?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:59 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
They are made in Japan and shipped to NA so there really shouldnt be any concern of "US," "Canadian." and "Other" TSXs.

Unless they are coming out of different factories for US and Canada. And while im sure there is more then one factory producing TSXs I dont think there is a US designated factory and a canadian designated factory.

EDIT: Before I get flamed by people... I keep forgetting that the Canadian hondas are different from US hondas so everything I just typed is total BS. Whoops

Anyhow, I would still think they all come off the same assembly line and then are split up based on needs, just like trim levels.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

As for the door rattles, I can say that they exist on my tsx....
And unfortuantely, ive seen the driver door shakes on Domn's TSX.....

J.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bowersan
As for the door rattles, I can say that they exist on my tsx....
And unfortuantely, ive seen the driver door shakes on Domn's TSX.....

J.
Has the dealer been able to resolve the rattles and shakes?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:19 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Many of the 2003 Accord owners have reported rattles or squeaks from the dash area.

One problem area on these cars is the A-piller plastic cover rattles. The current dealer fix for this issue is a small pad and a clip. You may want to see if this would help some of the TSX dash rattle sounds. The clips would likely fit an Acura too.

Another area is the lower CD storage bin door. Honda has an Accord specific solution for these cars too. Perhaps the TSX bin door rattles could be fixed the same way.

As for the door rattle: is it the inner door panel or the physical door itself. A cure for a rattling door panel might be some keyly placed foam tape strips behind the door panel and a slightly larger platic clip pin(s) to hold the door in place. Larger pins may be found somewhere else on the car or from another Acura, MDX maybe.

If you aren't currently finding satifaction with your local Acura dealer network you may want to stop in a talk a bit with the Service department from a recommeded area Honda dealer. I have found tech-service can very from dealer to dealer. I personally go to my local Acura dealer for my Accord (same as CL) because they offer better solutions and more help. And are willing to help ME find the solution.

Just some thoughts.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Nuke

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I take some pretty bumpy secondary highways on my commute and the only vibration occurs when I have the bass turned up. This is not really annoying at present. I doubt there is a separate line for Canadian vehicles; we must be getting the same percent of cars with rattles up here as in the US.

Canadian Accords, at least in Ontario come from the Ohio plant and I am sure most of the vehicles from that plant are for the US. A similar production facility must going on for the TSX with a shared line...our market is only a fraction of the US market. The cars are nearly identical ...really heated mirrors, stickers, dash guages in km's, and running lights are not very major differences.