Paint defects

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:08 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint defects

I just waxed my car and found a few defects/blemishes in the paint. Does anybody else have some problems on their paint? I have a spot on my roof that almost looks like it is a drip of paint. It is on the back right side of the roof over the door. Also, on my driver's side door there appears to be a few little bubbles(?) in the paint. They are right along the body line that goes along the side of the car.

Sorry if my desciptions are confusing. I'll try and post some pics later on. Basically my question is this - Do you guys think it is worth bringing up with the dealer? You have to look to see the blemishes and somebody probably won't notice them unless they are waxing the car or looking fot the spots. I know that in the long run my paint is not going to stay perfect, but I feel that with a new car, things should be perfect.

Thoughts?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
10th Gear

I had tiny bubbles/piant drips on my rear bumper. I brought it in to the dealership and they re-painted the back bumper. I would bring it in to the dealership and see.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Cruisin'

I actaully had the same problem, 4 places on my car. I found 2 of them right away and had them fixed, then I found the other 2, and didnt want to take it back to the dealer again.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXsurf
I just waxed my car and found a few defects/blemishes in the paint. Does anybody else have some problems on their paint? I have a spot on my roof that almost looks like it is a drip of paint. It is on the back right side of the roof over the door. Also, on my driver's side door there appears to be a few little bubbles(?) in the paint. They are right along the body line that goes along the side of the car.

Sorry if my desciptions are confusing. I'll try and post some pics later on. Basically my question is this - Do you guys think it is worth bringing up with the dealer? You have to look to see the blemishes and somebody probably won't notice them unless they are waxing the car or looking fot the spots. I know that in the long run my paint is not going to stay perfect, but I feel that with a new car, things should be perfect.

Thoughts?
From you're descriptions, these sound like remnants of the protective paint coating that is applied over the paint for shipping (called Clearguard). Mine had the same thing, mostly along the body side crease. This stuff is tough to get off if it's been left there for awhile. I used Meguiar's paint cleaner/polish which took the stuff off fairly easily.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Instructor

I have bubbles and running over sprayed paint at the right front bumper. I took it in the dealer after 3 weeks i noticed it..he gave me a bunch of bs about how i should of letting them know before driving off the lot. But he redo my front bumper any way...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by poltergeist
From you're descriptions, these sound like remnants of the protective paint coating that is applied over the paint for shipping (called Clearguard). Mine had the same thing, mostly along the body side crease. This stuff is tough to get off if it's been left there for awhile. I used Meguiar's paint cleaner/polish which took the stuff off fairly easily.
Not sure about poltergeist's problem, but mine definatly wasnt this. Ive waxed it and no change. And to remove the first 2, they had to color sand the hood.