No Audio When Calling with iPhone 3GS Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Audio When Calling with iPhone 3GS Bluetooth

Hello,

I have a 2006 TSX. I had the original 1st gen iPhone and didn't have any problems connecting, making calls and talking over the bluetooth connection. I recently bought an iPhone 3GS and am able to pair and connect, but when I make a call, I cannot hear the other person and they cannot hear me.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

I appreciate any help.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reset all connections you made with the car and iphone. reprogram it again and see if that works.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doesn't the 3GS have stereo bluetooth? Check to make sure that there is not a separate setting for stereo vs. the older bluetooth protocol. Just throwing an idea out there.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skotwarr
Hello,

I have a 2006 TSX. I had the original 1st gen iPhone and didn't have any problems connecting, making calls and talking over the bluetooth connection. I recently bought an iPhone 3GS and am able to pair and connect, but when I make a call, I cannot hear the other person and they cannot hear me.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

I appreciate any help.

If it's the same problem I'm having with my 2006 TL, then the issue isn't considered a problem by HandsFreeLink. What happens for me is the following:

1.) I make a call from my iPhone 3GS
2.) 3 options are shown on the iPhone: HandsFreeLink Device, iPhone, or Speakerphone (not necessarily the exact wording)
3.) Usually it starts on HandsFreeLink as long as the bluetooth is turned on both on the phone and in the car
4.) As the call is placed and the phone rings, the radio/CD/XM remains on and the bluetooth is not connected yet
5.) As soon as the call is connected (someone picks up my placed call), the audio option switches from HandsFreeLink to iPhone automatically on the iPhone screen and the radio/CD/XM clicks out and goes silent for a couple seconds.

At this point, I have various options... I can tap the HandsFreeLink option on my iPhone and the bluetooth speakers become connected to the phone, I can leave the iPhone option on and talk into the phone regularly (the radio/CD/XM would still be playing unless I turn it off), or I can press the top button on the steering wheel and command the nice Bluetooth lady to "Transfer" my call to the bluetooth device in the car (which will definitely take a couple seconds while whoever you called waits without having any idea what's going on).

I was told by a customer service rep at HandsFreeLink that the intention of the "handsfree" device is to make it usable without using the phone at all and just "simply" using the steering wheel buttons and the bluetooth menu. This becomes very inconvenient when the nice Bluetooth lady in my car doesn't understand a word I say half the time. Hell, I tried having her call 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 and it came out something like 9-0-2-3-8-9-5-6-7-8-9.

I'd really prefer to just be able to dial a number from my iPhone and have the system connect and remain connected to bluetooth. More often than not, not having to fumble through the bluetooth menus is far easier...

If anyone please has a workaround for this very annoying matter, I'd greatly appreciate your help!

On a positive note, however, if someone dials me, I can easily pick up the call by using the steering wheel button. That, I must say, does work very well.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is unforunately the limitations of HFL+iphone3g. HFL with any other phone allows phone->HFL transfer at the touch of a button. only on the iphone3g do you have to say "transfer" to force the call from iphone -> HFL.

i've also found that saying the phone numbers quickly but clearly worked better than saying the numbers slowly...

http://www.acura.com/HandsFreeLink.aspx

http://handsfreelink.com/findaphone....=105&year=2007