My Milano Red/Pink story

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My Milano Red/Pink story

I have a 2008 Acura TSX that I purchased in January of 2008. About a year or so ago, I started to notice pink areas on the trunk of my car. Over time, I saw the same pink blotches on the hood. I didn't do anything as I thought buffing would remove the pink. As you know this is not the case, having the clear coat prevents getting to the paint.
In September, I took my car to the dealer where I purchased the car and explained the paint problem. The assistant service manager said there was a process to follow and I should bring the car back when for the factory representative was visiting the dealer. I brought the car back and received a loaner to use for the day. I was not allowed to speak to the factory representative. I received a call later in the day saying that they would paint the car under warranty. The assistant service manager stated that only the metal (body) of the car would be painted, no bumpers, mirrors, or wing, (no plastic) and I was asked to pay $500.00. I asked why not the complete car and he said corporate policy. I would regret not perusing this point further as you will see. Based on what I had read on this site and other chat rooms that sounded like a pretty good deal to me. I had a lot of road rash (chipped paint) on the front end of the car from driving the interstates for 6 years. I also had 2 parking lot dings repaired beings the car was being repainted which added another $200.00 to the bill.
The day the car was due to be complete I got a phone call from the assistant service manager stating the paint shop is putting the car back together. His exact statement I don't remember but it eluded to the fact that the bumpers don't match the new paint and they are slightly pink. While they are off the car they would paint them for an additional $300.00. Well I was pissed. Is this the first Milano red they repainted and discovered the bumpers didn't match? To be honest it is almost as if it is a set up. The factory will only paint the body and then they let me know the bumpers don't match the body. I didn't want a car that looked like a taxi cab so I told them to paint them but I was boiling inside.
Anyway, the car looks good now that it is complete. I hope this info helps anyone who is considering trying to get a warranty fix. The questions I was asked about my car, which may be a factor was….. Was I the original owner, had the car been in an accident? I am the original owner and there were no accidents.