Just bought a tsx, several minor problems.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010 | 06:09 PM
10th Gear

Just bought a tsx, several minor problems.

Hi all, I just bought an 05 CGP TSX non-Navi. I love the car, but have three minor issues.

1- The center pocket above the "not an ashtray" cubby lid does not close. I can pull it down but it goes right back up. Any way to get it working properly again?

2- The car came with 2 keys but one remote. As for the remote, the remote does not unlock/lock the driver door at all. I have to first unlock the driver door with the key, then I can use the remote to unlock the rest of the doors/put the windows down, which makes the remote useless cause I can just turn the key again for that. The trunk button works perfectly though.

3- The top console compartment section for the coins always go up no matter which lever i put. I think the problem is that the hinge is too tight. I'm thinking about spraying wd40 to loosen the hinge.

No mechanical problems luckily. Will be posting pics up soon!
Old 07-03-2010 | 06:44 PM
Drifting

1 - Top center cubby can be pulled out to inspect if the latch is broken. Place both hands into the cubby, push outward as you pull back. There is a small light on the top which is connected, so pull slowly.

2 - Sounds like you need a new fob.

3 - This has been a problem on my car since day 1.

4 - Welcome to AZ.
Old 07-03-2010 | 08:22 PM
10th Gear

i read some other thread and it actually seems like it might be the door actuator =/
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rraymondddh
i read some other thread and it actually seems like it might be the door actuator =/
Yeah, sounds like your driver's door actuator is the problem.
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:14 AM
Old Guy

Originally Posted by rraymondddh
Hi all, I just bought an 05 CGP TSX non-Navi. I love the car, but have three minor issues.

1- The center pocket above the "not an ashtray" cubby lid does not close. I can pull it down but it goes right back up. Any way to get it working properly again?

2- The car came with 2 keys but one remote. As for the remote, the remote does not unlock/lock the driver door at all. I have to first unlock the driver door with the key, then I can use the remote to unlock the rest of the doors/put the windows down, which makes the remote useless cause I can just turn the key again for that. The trunk button works perfectly though.

3- The top console compartment section for the coins always go up no matter which lever i put. I think the problem is that the hinge is too tight. I'm thinking about spraying wd40 to loosen the hinge.

No mechanical problems luckily. Will be posting pics up soon!
Can you lock all of the doors from the inside? If and when you hit the door lock button on the driver's door (with all the doors closed by the way), do all doors lock? If so, then I doubt it's the actuator, but as with the other posters, my money would be on a faulty power door lock actuator in the driver's door (not particularly uncommon. One of the few trouble prone areas of the TSX). That's about all it can be with the symptoms you describe.

With the console cover, I'm pretty sure it's just a lube issue. I had the problem some time ago and though it didn't make complete sense to me.... just hit the hinge with some WD40 or similar, and you should be good to go.

Surprised to hear about the compartment below the radio. I've never read any reports of that here, and I wonder if there isn't something in the latch mechanism to prevent it from latching (a coin, paper clip, piece of paper,). I'm guessing it's not easy to get at (the latch I mean, don't know where it is without the car in front of me. Above the door somewhere I imagine).
Old 07-05-2010 | 12:12 PM
10th Gear

i can lock all doors by pushing down manually on the lock tab from the drivers side. if i try to lock with the power switch on the drivers side door, it looks all except for the drivers.