Interior Light Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
JOATMON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Interior Light Issues

Hi all,

Two issues:

1. I was experiencing the same problem described by the gentleman in this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=buzzing+light

Summary of Problem: Audible buzzing in speakers when stereo is on (any volume, but obviously easier to hear when stereo is on, but volume = 0), door is then shut, and interior lights fade out. Buzzing corresponds directly to the fade out of the interior lights, and the buzzing stops when the lights are completely out. Whether the car is running or not makes no difference. This guy was '04 (?) 5AT Navi, I am '05 6MT Non-Navi.

Is anyone aware of an ultimate resolution to this problem? Supposedly (according to the thread) "Acura is aware of it"?

2. Interestingly, when i changed my interior lights out to LED bulbs, the buzzing problem seems to have gone away. But, of course there is a catch.

I just noticed that if I switch the map lights from the "Door" setting to the "Off" setting, the interior lights still remain dimly lit. In trying to assess this problem, I sat in the car, and locked the doors via the remote. The lights actually stayed on and got brighter (though still dim) when the car was locked. [!?!] Now I have not seen this behavior from a standard filament bulb, and I presume that the only reason I can see visual evidence of this circuit "feedback" (if that is an appropriate term), is because of the much lower wattage of the replacement LED bulbs.

I don't really know what to think at this point. Has anyone experienced and/or heard of anything like this? Any ideas as to what it could be?

Is it possible that the two issues are somehow related?

Thx in advance for your thoughts!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cl7tsx
2. Interestingly, when i changed my interior lights out to LED bulbs, the buzzing problem seems to have gone away. But, of course there is a catch.

I just noticed that if I switch the map lights from the "Door" setting to the "Off" setting, the interior lights still remain dimly lit. In trying to assess this problem, I sat in the car, and locked the doors via the remote. The lights actually stayed on and got brighter (though still dim) when the car was locked. [!?!] Now I have not seen this behavior from a standard filament bulb, and I presume that the only reason I can see visual evidence of this circuit "feedback" (if that is an appropriate term), is because of the much lower wattage of the replacement LED bulbs.

I don't really know what to think at this point. Has anyone experienced and/or heard of anything like this? Any ideas as to what it could be?

Is it possible that the two issues are somehow related?

Thx in advance for your thoughts!
I don't know if they are related at all, but I do know I have the same thing with my LED map lights. I PM'd you (obviously) but for those others out there, I believe someone took there TSX in and Acura did a goodwill replacement of the map light switch as I recall, but that was a long time ago. I think the only resolution is leave it on door. LEDs are very sensitive to any electrical input, so the switch in the off position is obviously "dirty" or receiving some very minor current.