How good is Acura with warranty problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How good is Acura with warranty problems?

So... I currently have an ooze issue with my engine (never dripped, just oozes), around the head gasket area. As I'm about 2 hours from my dealer, I've had the Honda guys here do my oil changes (they do a lot of Acuras there too). Last time in they mentioned that there was a problem as the side of the engine down there was coated in oil. After discussion with the service manager at my dealer, it was decided to have Honda clean it all, and they put in some dye and I was to take it to Acura for the next oil change for them to inspect.

Well… it of course takes a couple thousand miles to really get the goo coating. So when I took it in yesterday, they saw the mess, cleaned it up and have had it running for about a day to find the leak. Of course they can't see anything… So now I'm supposed to take it back the *next* oil change for them to look at so they can see it. At which point it will look just like it did when I took it in yesterday… My service rep mentioned he asked the tech that and he said he'd just look into it further then. My guess is that they want confirmation that Honda didn't just make a mess (they didn't, I saw it before and after they cleaned it up, plus it's been the same mess twice now).

My 4-year is up in July. My engine is still a baby at 16.5k (I work from home and no time for trips lately…) so it really shouldn't be oozing like that. The guy mentioned that 9 times out of 10, Acura will cover it easy as I've had it in there for the issue prior, and they're recording the information. I'm taking the Beak back (I've got a '10 loaner ) tomorrow to get my car back. Anything I can do to make sure I'm in that 9 out of 10? I know when I go back in 3k or so it's going to look the same as it did yesterday.

(we're going to do a bunch of day trips this summer to get to it sooner, so hopefully I'll hit mileage by this fall!)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
ask them if they could see the dye with the black light ?