high pitch sound from the cabin air filter area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm back

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
high pitch sound from the cabin air filter area?

hi im from MN, so its like -12F out there, i turned my heat on above 70F +, i noticed this high pitch noise coming from the cabin air filter area. It happens when the speed of fan is on 1 or 2 bars. it will go away when i turn the speed all the way up for 10 seconds, and turn back down to 2 bars. However,it comes back sometimes later... its so annoying. my car is out of warranty. ANy solution?? anyone here has the same issue?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm back

hi im from MN, i have search over the forum, this sound usually happen when u guys A/C is on.it happens when my heat is on too

so its like -12F out there, i turned my heat on above 70F +, i noticed this high pitch noise coming from the cabin air filter area on passenger side. It happens when the speed of fan is on 1 or 2 bars. it will go away when i turn the speed all the way up for 10 seconds, and turn back down to 2 bars. However,it comes back sometimes later... its so annoying. my car is out of warranty. ANy solution?? anyone here has the same issue?

2nd Question: I turn off eveything before i shut off the car. so i hit the fan button whenever i start the car( doesnt show "A/C on"/"A/C off" on the display)meanwhile, i will hear a sound from the engine bay( hope my A/C is not dead yet. bought this car 3 months ago which closed to Winter time) never tried the a/c before but it worked when i tested drive it .
i usually will hit the A/C button to turn it off. Wat is the best way the save the A/C unit? is it bad that i turn off the fan everytime i turn off the car?or just leave it 2)click a/c to off mode everytime i start the car or dont bother to press to A/c button to "A/c off" ?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm back

anyone have the same issue or any solution??
Old 02-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm back

bump!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I changed my cabin air filter today (1st time at 60K miles and the filter was in decent shape - cleaner than the engine air filter after 30K miles!). I immediately noticed a sound coming from the glove box when the auto climate control was turned on. The sound disappeared when the auto climate was turned off.

I took out the filter cartridge and rotated the filter paper 180 degrees. Not sure if it was just a fitting issue, but the sound disappeared after that.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm back

Originally Posted by chuck04
I changed my cabin air filter today (1st time at 60K miles and the filter was in decent shape - cleaner than the engine air filter after 30K miles!). I immediately noticed a sound coming from the glove box when the auto climate control was turned on. The sound disappeared when the auto climate was turned off.

I took out the filter cartridge and rotated the filter paper 180 degrees. Not sure if it was just a fitting issue, but the sound disappeared after that.

thx...i replaced mine liie 10k miles ago and i started noticed the noise like 2k ago. i took out the filter and turned the fan on, the noise was there too ...