HELP! All warning lights flashing, key stuck in ignition, cranks but won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:19 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! All warning lights flashing, key stuck in ignition, cranks but won't start!

I’ve recently joined the forum in a panic and deseperate for advice. I am located in the Bahamas so for me to simply bring my TSX to the dealer is out of the question. I am really hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

I purchased a 2008 TSX about three months ago and everything was seemingly fine except for a low oil notification. I added oil - a little too much, and had to drain some out - then reset the low oil light. A few weeks of driving and I noticed that the oil life peculiarly still remained at 100%.

I have had no other issues with the car until two weeks ago. I drove her about 10 miles and parked her. Upon going to start her up again she flashed CHECK TMPS and VSA warning lights, then cranked but wouldn’t start, and the key was stuck in the ignition. I had to detach the battery to get the key to release. I was somehow able to get her started and drive less than a mile and up a hill while she was hardly able to accelerate. Now I cannot start her, key stuck and it is reading off what appears as all warning lights: CHECK TPMS, VSA, ABS, Emission system, Brake system, etc.

I’ve uploaded a video of all the warning lights flashing with the key stuck in the ignition:

ALSO, the car is very low on oil after having just added oil a month ago.

Currently, the car is waiting for me to figure out what is wrong with her and the progress was postponed by Hurricane Matthew that just passed by here wreaking havoc. I am looking for leads on information that will direct me with how to best solve this problem.

Could it be related to the oil? I haven’t seen any oil leaking.

I am afraid the engine is locked from having tried start it so many times.

HELP!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Check under the dash, your pcm may be wet
The following users liked this post:
Allison Cronin (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 02:01 PM
3rd Gear

MrKev, Thanks for the lead. Looks like radiator fluid got the PCM wet. I'm trying to order a new one now.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Why/how does that trap the key in the ignition?

The only way I've ever see the key get trapped is if the car isn't in Park and the ignition cylinder isn't turned all the way back to the last position.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:01 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Why/how does that trap the key in the ignition?

The only way I've ever see the key get trapped is if the car isn't in Park and the ignition cylinder isn't turned all the way back to the last position.
I don't know! The ignition locks it in there unless I detach the battery. And yeah, even with it turned all the way back to last position. I did read on some earlier forums about another experiencing a similar problem but not similar enough to help me out.

A mechanic I'm working with now has explained that he can't determine any further problems with the car unless I get the new PCM because the current one is only reading off about 60% of the board.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Keys will need to be reprogrammed to new PCM. Suggest removing/drying PCM first. It may work OK when dry.

good luck