ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

A few months back, I replaced a wheel bearing on the front passenger side. In the process, I broke the wheel speed sensor while trying to remove it. Brought the assembly to a shop, had them press in a new bearing, I installed a new sensor, and thought it was all good! A few weeks later, the 3 dashboard lights turned on, and the ABS began pulsing when I applied the brakes (like if I were on ice). I disconnected the sensor, and while the lights stayed on, it began to brake normally again. I figured it was a faulty part, got it replaced for free, and after a few weeks it did the exact same thing. Got it replaced again for free and after 1 day, here we are again!

What could be causing this? The only possible thing I could think is that the bearing is seated incorrectly (there are light rub marks on the sensor). I have not yet had a chance to check the driver side sensor to compare. Anything else I should check?

-Nick
Old 07-14-2017, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgot to mention it's a 6MT with 140,000 miles. Not sure if that matters. Thanks!