Foglight indicator

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foglight indicator

i installed my JDM foglight abt 5 mons ago .. ~ everything is just fine and all set .. ~ however i just found out that there is an indicator in the instrument panel that will light on when u turn on the foglight ~ eventually mine doesn't on when my foglight is on .. ~ just wondering if anyone kno which fuse is it ? i checked the OEM foglight installation guide , but no luck cuz everyting is just nicely done in the OEM harness set up ~ anyone installed their fog light by themselves might wanna help ~ Thanks ~
Old 01-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech

Originally Posted by Andynolife
i installed my JDM foglight abt 5 mons ago .. ~ everything is just fine and all set .. ~ however i just found out that there is an indicator in the instrument panel that will light on when u turn on the foglight ~ eventually mine doesn't on when my foglight is on .. ~ just wondering if anyone kno which fuse is it ? i checked the OEM foglight installation guide , but no luck cuz everyting is just nicely done in the OEM harness set up ~ anyone installed their fog light by themselves might wanna help ~ Thanks ~

So the indicator light for the fogs lights, use to work....but now it doesn't? Or are you saying that it never worked in the first place?

There is no fuse going to the instrument foglight on/off indicator, its probably a blown bulb.

If the indicator never worked and you're trying to make it light up, then you must have wired somthing differently. Are you using the light switch that came with the US fog light kits?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TechSX
So the indicator light for the fogs lights, use to work....but now it doesn't? Or are you saying that it never worked in the first place?

There is no fuse going to the instrument foglight on/off indicator, its probably a blown bulb.

If the indicator never worked and you're trying to make it light up, then you must have wired somthing differently. Are you using the light switch that came with the US fog light kits?
nope .. the indicator never light up ~
my harness and wiring r all customed with a custom foglight switch
the JDM harness and switch doesn't work on TSX ~
so u mean i have to do some wiring to make it light up ?
but how ?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech

but how ?
The foglight indicator I think is connected to the stalk switch, and it would not light up with a custom switch.

The US and JDM foglight kits uses the same fog lights, different mounting brackets, and the JDM stalk being on the right hand side.

What you can do is buy a US foglight kit and install the wireharness and stalk, and connect them to your current JDM fogs. This way the indicator will light up, however you will have two spare fog light assemblies. You could probably use them as spares incase the ones you have now crack.

Hope this helps....good luck on whatever you decide to do....
Old 01-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Burning Brakes

thx alot .. ~~ that pretty much asnwered all of my quests .. ~
i think ill leave as the way it is .. ~ that indicator doesn't do much amyway ~
Old 01-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Tuxedo Cat

but how ?
It will only work if the US wiring harness and US switch are used. That will limit you in other ways though (foglights can't be used independently.)