Doors wouldn't unlock this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Doors wouldn't unlock this morning!

Has anyone else had this problem, I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

The problem:
I went out to my car this morning and pressed the unlock button on my remote as always, but this time nothing happened, the doors stayed locked. So I pressed it a few more times, nothing. I thought the battery in the remote might be dead, but the red light was flashinging when I pressed the button. So I thought the car battery might be dead. I put the key in the door to unlock, and it did. I start to get in my car, and to my surprise the battery is not dead because the car alarm started going off! I put the key in the ignition to start the car thinking that would kill the alarm. The car started, but the alarm was still going off (why???). Next I turned the car off, shut the door, relocked it with the key fob (it worked this time), and unlocked it with the fob, which thankfully turned the alarm off.

So what happened? Was this just a freak occurance or should I be on the phone to the dealer right now? I told my friend at work and she had a similar issue in her Yukon. I turned out a "body control module" had gone bad. Does the TSX have something similar that might be going bad?

BTW, I have an 06 TSX and am using the original keys and key fobs, don't have and aftermarket alarm or remote start.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I thought that if you unlocked it with the key in lock cylinder, it would disable the alarm?

It sounds like a possible freak occurrence. If it happens again, then it might be worth a trip to the dealer.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
If it happens again, try the other key fob to see if both fobs are having the same problem unlocking the door. I would also try other functions like the trunk release to see if all functions are disabled or just the unlock feature. I would also try at a very close distance; maybe your battery in the fob might be bad. When I first got my 06, I could lock/unlock the doors from +125 feet away; now my distance is less than 30 feet.

You need to determine if you have bad key fob or if there is a problem with the TSX transmitter. I’ve always thought the car would turn off also when you start it when the alarm goes off? I need to try this out at home.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Well I was standing right next to the car, so I assume it's not a range thing. As GTSX2004 said, the alarm *should* turn off when unlocking the door with the key also (i confirmed this in the manual). The funny thing is, when I unlocked with the key, it felt very manual. I don't use the key much, but if I remember correctly, last time I did turning the key activated the locking cylinoids (sp?), just like if I had used the fob. I might be remember incorrectly though.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Dead battery in the fob? Did you try your other fob?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I had the exact same thing happen about two months ago when my car was two weeks or so old. No problems since.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I didn't have it on me and didn't think to get it. It all worked fine this morning though, and all day yesterday except for the morning incident, so I'm guessing the fob battery is ok.

I talked to my friend with a Gran Prix, apparently recently his fob stopped working very well when he's parked in his garage, but works fine everywhere else. Could it have been interferance of some sort? Very strange...