Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace issue?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace issue?

Hi there,
I have been told that the Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace rubs against the Air Con Line when fitted and it has been suggested that if I fit one I should just wrap the line with tape. I'm not too comfortable with that because of friction over time wearing thru the line. I know that there are rubber "sleaves" that can be fitted on lines that rub that would be thicker than tape.
Has anyone fitted this brace and had the problem and if so how did you resolve it? Would it be possible for example to have the air con line bent slightly to get enough clearance?
Thanks heaps.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Star
Hi there,
I have been told that the Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace rubs against the Air Con Line when fitted and it has been suggested that if I fit one I should just wrap the line with tape. I'm not too comfortable with that because of friction over time wearing thru the line. I know that there are rubber "sleaves" that can be fitted on lines that rub that would be thicker than tape.
Has anyone fitted this brace and had the problem and if so how did you resolve it? Would it be possible for example to have the air con line bent slightly to get enough clearance?
Thanks heaps.
I've had the brace on for about a year and my A/C line is fine. You need to push/bend it down a bit in the first place to properly fit the brace, but even then there's still contact between the brace and the line on my car. What I did is cover the line with some foam tape. I don't like that solution much as I don't think it's great, so I plan to buy some foam tubing (plumbing section at Home Depot) to wrap the lines in where the contact is made. That should get the job done, and is the course of action I recommend you take.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Thanks mate

Originally Posted by Audioserf
I've had the brace on for about a year and my A/C line is fine. You need to push/bend it down a bit in the first place to properly fit the brace, but even then there's still contact between the brace and the line on my car. What I did is cover the line with some foam tape. I don't like that solution much as I don't think it's great, so I plan to buy some foam tubing (plumbing section at Home Depot) to wrap the lines in where the contact is made. That should get the job done, and is the course of action I recommend you take.
Thanks heaps mate. Appreciate the advice.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Instructor

i just talked to a guy who works with with A/C, and she said that the foam wrap with metal will wear through the A/C faster, he said the tiny holes in the foam makes the foam act like sand paper. Is there a safe way to bend the A/C line so it doesn't make contact with the strut car???
Old 05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Master Graphic Artist

When I had this on my car i just bent the AC line out of the way. It's fine.

honestly though I didn't feel much of an improvement with this. Just nice engine bling. The rear sway was definately one of the best performance mods out there next to better tires & coilovers.