Removing both front seats??

Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
WFC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing both front seats??

I apologize if there is information already posted on this topic, but I could not locate any. I would like to remove both front seats to get a good vacuum and cleaning of the carpet, since there is minimal room to get any type of cleaning device in there. Is there anything I need to be cautious of attempting this? Besides disconnecting the battery. Any torque specs on reinstalling the bolts? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Just removed and reinstalled my drivers' seat on Sunday, and it was simple. Remove the two plastic covers near the floor to expose the rear pair of bolts. These just kinda pry off and slide backwards. Slide seat fully forwards and up as high as possible. Remove two rear bolts. Then slide seat fully backwards and remove front two bolts. Tilt seat back forwards to make it easier to remove from the car. Disconnect negative cable from battery now. Tile the entire seat backwards and disconnect the wiring harnesses for the SRS airbags. Remove seat (I recommend putting a towel on your doorsill so it prevents scratches, just in case!). You will need two people to full remove the seat, but if you are just vacuuming, you might be able to just disconnect the 4 bolts and tilt the seat as required, not worrying about disconnecting the battery and the airbag wiring.

Torque for reinstalling the 4 bolts is 25 ft-lbs, starting at front-right bolt and working counterclockwise to end at the rear right bolt.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have to do this some day. i'm pretty sure there is a cap for a baby formula bottle and mutiple quarters hiding underneath my seats. i can never get them out from the openings.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

I usually just slide the seats all the way forward, and then all the way back...and i've never had an issue getting the vacuum hose in there....those are just my 2 cents...
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
i have to do this some day. i'm pretty sure there is a cap for a baby formula bottle and mutiple quarters hiding underneath my seats. i can never get them out from the openings.
LOL I think I made about $3.35 on Sunday -- there were 3 $1 coins, a quarter, and two nickels. My daughter put them in her piggy bank and asked if there were more. LOL!
Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by curls
Just removed and reinstalled my drivers' seat on Sunday, and it was simple. Remove the two plastic covers near the floor to expose the rear pair of bolts. These just kinda pry off and slide backwards. Slide seat fully forwards and up as high as possible. Remove two rear bolts. Then slide seat fully backwards and remove front two bolts. Tilt seat back forwards to make it easier to remove from the car. Disconnect negative cable from battery now. Tile the entire seat backwards and disconnect the wiring harnesses for the SRS airbags. Remove seat (I recommend putting a towel on your doorsill so it prevents scratches, just in case!). You will need two people to full remove the seat, but if you are just vacuuming, you might be able to just disconnect the 4 bolts and tilt the seat as required, not worrying about disconnecting the battery and the airbag wiring.

Torque for reinstalling the 4 bolts is 25 ft-lbs, starting at front-right bolt and working counterclockwise to end at the rear right bolt.
Just my two cents regarding avoiding airbag deployment. If you're being careful enough to disconnect battery, also wait 10-15 minutes as well. "Some" systems store a small amount of power and the delay will let that bleed off. Better that bleed than the other kind...