Just installed new brake parts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed new brake parts.

So about a couple months ago i started feeling a vibration while at 60mph. Took it the dealer and they replaced struts..didnt work. New passenger side axle, checked engine mounts..didnt work then my service guy finally was like it might be the brakes or rotors. So i ended up buying some Rotora slotted rotors front and rear, some hawk ceramic pads and Russell SS brake lines and new honda dot3 brake fluid in there. Finally installed everything and i still feel the damn vibration. what else could it be? Don't get me wrong im hyped i have a whole new brake setup but this vibration is pissing me off. Everything so far was done under warranty.

Pics of the car manana.

Cliffnotes- Felt vibration while accelerating. Replaced axle, strut, rotor, pad, brake lines, new brake fluid, still feel vibration @ 60mph while accelerating. What now?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Racer

What about wheel bearings? When was the last time you had your tires balanced. Tire balancing would be the first place I would start. As tires wear the overall tire weight changes changing how the balancing weights affect the overall balance. It's also cheap and easy to do. At least you have a bunch new parts .
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Modding newbie

Yea, get the tires rebalanced, then make sure they're installed correctly. Poor instalation practices can manafest themselves as strange vibrations. They have to be tightened properly or they'll be slightly offset on the rotors making them shake just a little while driving.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
If they didn't check wheel balancing on the first visit, then go to a new dealer for any future problems. That's the FIRST place to look at when the vibration manifests itself during specific speeds and not at every speed.