clunking noise after driving car & other tales of woe

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:11 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clunking noise after driving car & other tales of woe

so recently i've noticed a clunking noise that seems to be under the accelertor in my 07 automatic. it only happens if i'm driving off after starting/warming up the car (a few hours or a day). it's like something is shifting. but i never hear it again when i drive. it's only after i put the car into drive. the strange thing is, i heard/felt it a few different times, then it kinda doesn't happen at all.

i was doing some searching and noticed some similar threads and they mentioned it's the ABS system kicking in and that it's normal. has anyone actually confirmed this before?

i actually looked under the car the best i could to see if anything is loose, but i don't seen any parts hanging.

the other thing is i have this wicket scratch on my front bumper. i definately need a touch-up pen for it. car is NH black pearl and you see white

and finally, 2 more things. first, the stock wipers are a POS. after some snow and cold weather, some of the rubber on the driver's side wiper is cracking. the other thing is, there looks like there is small crack in the plastic of my driver's side mirror. i don't see any separation, but the crack kinda runs to the edge of the plastic. it's tiny, but it just pissed me off. i don't even know how i saw it. i think i'm going to take it to the dealership this week and see if they'll replace it. i've never hit anything or got hit by anyone.

useless w/out pics, i know. just needed to vent.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's your ABS.

And the stock wipers last only about 6 months before they start to streak. Either clean them up with alcohol, use some fine sandpaper on it or switch to silicone wiper refills.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Alaskan '06 TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out this thread for more info regarding your clunking sound. I was experiencing a very similar problem up here in Alaska.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35884

If your wipers are indeed falling apart and your car was recently purchased, just go to the dealer and they will replace them for free. I know my dealer will do this for the first year I own the car.

I have an '06 NBP, which is the exact same paint code as your car. I got a paint pen from Wal-Mart, which was quite surprising. It is made by Dupli-Color, part number HA 00982 for Honda paint code B92-P. It is a 2 in 1 applicator with a roller ball tip and brush. I think it only cost me $6.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:04 PM
where is my garage?!

thanks for the paint pen tip. i'll have to look into that.

yeah, i'm hoping they'll just give me a new wiper. i know they're not going to last long, but for them to crack after 2 months? that's pretty lame.

glad to know i'm not the only one suffering the clunking noice too. although mine's not even on ice or snow. it's just regular road pavement. not sure if that matters, but i feel a little better knowing i'm not alone. thanks!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex

glad to know i'm not the only one suffering the clunking noice too. although mine's not even on ice or snow. it's just regular road pavement. not sure if that matters, but i feel a little better knowing i'm not alone. thanks!
Hope it all works out fine. The ABS clunk happens when you first get your car moving in the morning. It happens when the car is at a particular speed. Can't remember how fast it was, maybe 5-10mph. After the first time in the morning, it doesn't usually do that again for the rest of the day.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
All you need to know right here

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/B040300.PDF page 2

It doesn't specifically say it applies to the TSX for some reason, but it's virtually the same system as the cars listed.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
where is my garage?!

cool. thanks for the link!