Center console lighting stuck in day mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012 | 11:43 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Center console lighting stuck in day mode

Recently I noticed that the lighting for my center console is stuck in day mode when I turn on the lights, i.e. the clock, radio and HVAC lighting is very bright and the buttons are not backlit. Anyone had this problem, any idea if this is something I can easily fix with a fuse, reboot, or something?
Old 01-04-2012 | 08:34 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Two quick checks...

If NAVI equipped, make sure day/night/auto is selected to auto.

Either model, check to make sure dashboard light as NOT full bright setting (rotate the knob and check for less than the six OOOOOO). The dashlighting at full stops night light mode with headlights on.
Old 01-07-2012 | 08:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a bad PCB. My 04 TSX has this issue currently. All the lights in the dash other then the Gauges do not illuminate either with or with out the headlights on. my brightness setting is on the full 6 0's ( 000000 ) and nothing changes. Some times the clock, radio and AC controls don't illuminate until a few minutes of it being on. The functions still work, you just cant see them in the dark. A few other lights that dont work is the rear light on the roof when the dorrs open and the lights down by the gear shifter. A new PCB has to be ordered from Acura/or maybe Honda and installed by them. Its kinda pricey.. I no longer have the warranty coverage ( 7yr's and 105K miles limited warranty ) but i'm under 96K miles.. A few other things wrong with my TSX is that its a 04 so it was used before me, and has been in a fender bender once around 10K miles by the original owner. So my front bumper is newer than the car but it doesnt fit right and the headlights look to have been re-used and sealed. They have all the yucky yellow/green condensation in side and out. Along with that, it recently gained a clunking sound from the left rear side. Something in the trunk like a bad weld rubbing or the suspension. The noise only occurs when i turn really sharp at low speeds or take off from a stop. I've herd it worst while backing out of my drive way. A small thing is actually weird and kinda crazy. The front passenger windows switch blew a spring out the top of it and no longer works. That plastic looked pretty thick, no idea how that happened. Another issue is a slight Dash Rattle and a not-so quite interior noise as it used to be back in 07 when i bought it. This is a Non Navi, pre owned, 2003 Acura TSX Base. Loaded with the Factory Wing Spoiler and thats it. So.. point is, They all get old, even under regular maintenance with lots of love and care. I still love my TSX and its planned for a full make-over on the 16th.
Old 02-13-2012 | 10:30 AM
I'm the Firestarter

So it was the PCB and I got it replaced. Acura was kind enough to pay for the part even though it was past warranty but I had to pay for labor.
Old 06-29-2012 | 01:26 PM
Cruisin'

What year is yours - I am having the similar problem in a 2006 Navi Model. The top console lights are intermittent