Car died while driving, have 3 message indicators

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:41 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car died while driving, have 3 message indicators

Hey guys- I have an Acura 2007 TSX, the car runs great- I just have an exhaust that is falling apart, tires that keep going flat, and the VSA light keeps coming on. The car just died while I was driving it and then displayed all the messages that I have prolems with- TPMS, VSA & EMMISSIONS- and at the end it said SYSTEM FUNCTION ERROR. I dont have alot of money and I can only drive for 5 mins or so before the car shuts down. Im limited to where I can go to fix it and Im tired of people trying to take advantage of my situation. Can anyone point me in the right direction at least so I can have someone look at it? I appreciate any help....
Old 03-24-2019, 06:14 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
did the car turn off? or did it just go into limp mode? Meaning motor was still on, you just couldn't go past 2/3rd gear? tires going flat, i would take it to a tire center and let them look at it, probably a leak. Limp mode prevents you from doing damage to the engine.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:04 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NeedsANewCar
Hey guys- I have an Acura 2007 TSX, the car runs great- I just have an exhaust that is falling apart, tires that keep going flat, and the VSA light keeps coming on. The car just died while I was driving it and then displayed all the messages that I have prolems with- TPMS, VSA & EMMISSIONS- and at the end it said SYSTEM FUNCTION ERROR. I dont have alot of money and I can only drive for 5 mins or so before the car shuts down. Im limited to where I can go to fix it and Im tired of people trying to take advantage of my situation. Can anyone point me in the right direction at least so I can have someone look at it? I appreciate any help....
the vsa light could be the timing. How many miles? Does cut off when idling or while at driving speeds?