Bluetooth Cell Phone and Handsfree Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Cell Phone and Handsfree Compatibility

Hopefully there is someone who can possibly answer this question....

I have an 06 TSX, and an LG VX8700 cell phone through Verizon Wireless. Lately, my Handsfree Link has been dropping calls like crazy and now will not "sense" my phone altogether. I have absolutley no idea what the problem can even remotely be. I have deleted the profile out of my HFL and re-paired the phone, deleted the HFL out of the phone and re-paired it to the car, had the phone changed out, even had the HFL changed out ( at one point there was a short from my HFL switch, draining power from my batteries- another issue as well yet to be tested). Again, now the HFL does not even sense the phone upon getting in the car. Is there a site that will list all current phones, manufacturers, etc, that is compatible with the HFL? Please help.... I used the HFL like crazy, and driving on a military installation all the time, it's illegal to drive with a phone to your ear, as with alot of other cities......
Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Intermediate

I'm having this same problem lately! I have a VX8600 that used to pair with my Bluetooth on my 06 TSX just fine, but lately, it hasn't been pairing at all! Anyone have any ideas with this?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Cruisin'

I'm having the same problem with an 06 TSX and a Razr V3: everything worked just fine until a month or so ago; now HFL doesn't sense the phone very often if at all. I thought it was the phone -- since I'm planning to upgrade to an iPhone soon I've been ignoring the problem, but maybe there's an issue with 06 HFLs?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Racer

Try changing the profile on your cell phone, such as turn it to vibrate, loud, soft...etc.

I know that when my phone is on vibrate, my HFL won't be able to pick up the call for some odd reason.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Intermediate

My cell phone doesn't have a profile setting. It's usually just on whatever volume or you can switch it to manner mode which is vibrate. It just started within the recent months where it doesn't connect with the bluetooth except on very very select occasions. Have you taken this problem into the dealer Casey?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:54 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DaphneLCC
My cell phone doesn't have a profile setting. It's usually just on whatever volume or you can switch it to manner mode which is vibrate. It just started within the recent months where it doesn't connect with the bluetooth except on very very select occasions. Have you taken this problem into the dealer Casey?
Ok, finally got my car back from the shop.....they replaced my HFL again, as well as my battery.....supposedly, when Acura replaced the HFL before, it turned out I got a defective part, so they replaced it again, and because of the stress on my battery, they replaced that as well (wooopeee)......phone still drops from time to time, so I dont know whether it is from other Bluetooth interference, as I have read can constantly happen, or any other environmental considerations (dead zones, buildings, etc)....... but its good to know Im not the only one with the problem of the phone dropping of the HFL......the Acura site says what phones should be compatible, and mine supposedly should work, as well as the phone the rest of you talked about.......oh well....technology's drawbacks I guess....
Old 02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

hm, i guess i should go take it in then. i thought it was a fluke when i bluetooth worked one day but now it hasn't been working.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DaphneLCC
hm, i guess i should go take it in then. i thought it was a fluke when i bluetooth worked one day but now it hasn't been working.
are you having problems in regards to your battery being drained as well.....? If not, then it may be just your HFL only......the way the service department explained to me (if I chooose to believe it), is that they are beginning to see a number of problems associated with the HFL in both the TSX and TLs......the new MDXs are displaying the same issues as well......after having it changed out and it still does it it could be your phone or other factors out of your control.....hope it helps....still pisses me off a bit tho....
Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nvr_satsfyd
is that they are beginning to see a number of problems associated with the HFL in both the TSX and TLs....
I've noticed that HFL tells me that I'm roaming, even though I'm not. Everything else works perfectly though. At first I used to say, "I'll call you back, I'm roaming right now". Now I just ignore it because I know I'm not roaming
Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nvr_satsfyd
are you having problems in regards to your battery being drained as well.....? If not, then it may be just your HFL only......the way the service department explained to me (if I chooose to believe it), is that they are beginning to see a number of problems associated with the HFL in both the TSX and TLs......the new MDXs are displaying the same issues as well......after having it changed out and it still does it it could be your phone or other factors out of your control.....hope it helps....still pisses me off a bit tho....
i think it's just my HFL not connecting. i have been having problems with my battery draining but i was guessing that was just a wear and tear problem since it's happened to all my batteries around the year-mark.

perhaps i'll bring it in next week when i free up a bit. where exactly is the HFL unit located? how long did it take for them to replace it?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM
5th Gear

HFL Handsfree Link Dropping Calls

I have an 2004 Acura TL and am using a Motorola Droid X via the Handsfree Link. after I updated the software to Android 2.3.2, I started to notice the HFL was always dropping the first call I placed after starting the car. All calls after that worked normally. At first I thought the HFL was broke, but after a little Google searching I find some entries indicating the problem might be a setting in the Android software. I found the "Auto Retry" setting (Settings>Call Settings>Auto Retry was no longer checked. Now that I turned it back on everything is working normally.