Bad vibration left side while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bad vibration left side while accelerating

I have 10K miles on my TSX and it just started making a pretty harsh vibration noise out of the left side when I accelerate - especially up a hill. Acura service is telling me that it is a "normal sound" for the TSX and that although mine is a tad louder that there is not a fix - I find this hard to believe and unacceptable. Has anyone else experienced this???

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Are you 6MT or 5AT? I have an 04 6MT that started around 18K doing this groan/shudder/vibration right around the point I was letting off the clutch, worse up hills. Did this for a long time, Acura claimed they could not reproduce, could reproduce but it was my driving style, it was normal, etc. Finally a district service manager (in a suit) determines that my hood is loose and vibrating. For some reason it was worst around 1.5K RPM. They tightened my hood up and it's pretty much better. Problem is, it did this for like a year/12K miles so I became so attuned to it that I still notice it. I think there is some amount of normal acceptable vibration that the hood was amplifying and I've become so aware of it that I still feel and hear it a bit, but I bet if that had never happened, it wouldn't really bother me. But throughout all that I would have never thought to consider my hood was loose and that seemed to either be the problem or be amplifying it severely.

Not sure what year you've got, I'm guessing 07, but on mine and probably yours, there's a a black knob under the hood behind each headlight that can be turned to adjust how the knob sits and therefore how much play is in the hood when it is closed. Took me several trips to the dealer because if they make it too tight the hood may not close easily but too loose and it still vibrated. I guess if it's this then my original question about what transmission you have is irrelevant.

Good luck.