Another one to the list...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006 | 10:44 AM
Instructor

Unhappy Another one to the list...

I love my '06 TSX but I noticed a problem that I haven't been able to find any info on...

Current list of issues:

1. Squeeky drivers' seat (went away somehow)
2. Crazy rattle in the driver's door panel
3. Bass response is a joke, even comparing to the old '99tl
4. Last and most troubling:

As I listen to my MP3 player (Creative Muvo2 - 4gig), right side speakers stop working. It comes up in stereo after some time. I can't duplicate the problem. I am thinking a pitched wire somewhere or damaged 3.5mm plug because CD's seem to be fine...

Any other thoughts....
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbznyc
I love my '06 TSX but I noticed a problem that I haven't been able to find any info on...

Current list of issues:

1. Squeeky drivers' seat (went away somehow)

2. Crazy rattle in the driver's door panel

As I listen to my MP3 player (Creative Muvo2 - 4gig), right side speakers stop working. It comes up in stereo after some time. I can't duplicate the problem. I am thinking a pitched wire somewhere or damaged 3.5mm plug because CD's seem to be fine...

Any other thoughts....
1. Took my seat in today. received a loaner with the same problem! Service writer acted like he'd never heard about it before.

2. My car and the loaner has this too. Seems like the clips holding down the power window/mirror panel are loose enough to cause vibration. If I place my hand over the panels during music, it stops rattling.

3. What brand of dubbing cable did u use between the MP3 and the input jack? I noticed that too. I had to twist the cable around and buy another cable to get it to work properly. The jack seems to twist inside the mount of the console.
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbznyc

Any other thoughts....
Are you getting a good connection between your patch cable and the AUX input in the center console? I haven't had any problems with my iPod Nano/'06 TSX (I am using the dock connector to get line-out using Monster's ULPC), but I did have similar problems with a 3G iPod/'04 SAAB 9-3SS which had an AUX input in the center console (I used the headphone jack in the SAAB as using the ULPC caused the dreaded hum some people are experiencing in the TSX). Usually by wiggling the patch cable I was able to get stereo back. Ultimately, I found a different patch cable that the AUX input jack seemed to catch better (it would snap into place). It might also be a lose connection between the patch cable and the Muvo2. Anyways, that would be my first guess.

Regarding your other issues...

#1. Same experience. I had the seat squeak and adjusted the outward rail as widely recommended. It helped but did not eliminate the problem. A few days later it seemed to completely go away.

#2. No problem with driver door here. In 2 months I have heard a rattle 2 times. Both times it appeared to be the same rattle - coming from the passenger side A-pillar area. Since it is so intermittent I haven't worried about. In the past I have found intermittent rattles like that tend to go away on their own.

#3. Stereo is definitely a step down from my '05 TL but seems typical for its class. My SAAB 9-3SS had the upgraded stereo with similar specs at the TSX (~300+ watts), and the TSX is definitely better.

Good luck with the MP3 player.
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:32 AM
Team Owner

Check your wire and make sure it's a stereo one. And if that's not the problem, replace the wire. If that doesn't fix the problem, then replace the MP3 player. And if that doesn't fix it, then take it to the dealer.
Old 03-19-2006 | 11:03 PM
Instructor

Talking update on the problem...

Can this get any more weird...

Drove for 4hrs straight (Boston - NY), played different MP3 songs - worked fine (I know it's not the music, just a coincidence).

I will check the cable - cheapo one from radioshack... Definetly need a better one.

As far as the mp3 player is concerned - it's crap, sometime it freezes, sometimes it restarts - worse than windows

The window -> please shoot me (too annoying) -> I'll take it to the dealer during next oil change...