acceleration issue in all gears manual trans. 2004 tsx

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 04:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acceleration issue in all gears manual trans. 2004 tsx

Hello, I am having a problem with acceleration. When costing it is fine and when I first start the car it seems fine but about a mile It will start. moving in first no problem but if I go to speed up the car revs but goes no where. There are no noises accept the Rev of the engine oil is extremely dirty plan on changing it tomorrow. Also I put regular gas in this week not sure if this causes anything because I ushally use mid grade. I also have issues starting in weather bellow 30 degrees also don't know if this has anything to do with it.
Engine was a replacement in august and I have noticed that since then I have had an acceleration issue. But not this bad. Before it would just spuder and the o2 sensor light was on so it go replaced. But the car just don't seem to be the same since the engine swap. But now worse.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like the VTEC Solenoid may be starved for oil or could be clogged. If you're driving around 65mph in 6th gear or 5th will it not go any faster? If the rev limit is hitting around 3K then you're either a few quarts low on oil or the VTEC solenoid filter screen is clogged.

Check your levels and post back.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:22 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Firering
Sounds like the VTEC Solenoid may be starved for oil or could be clogged. If you're driving around 65mph in 6th gear or 5th will it not go any faster? If the rev limit is hitting around 3K then you're either a few quarts low on oil or the VTEC solenoid filter screen is clogged.

Check your levels and post back.
Hello yes I got a fresh oil change oil was dirty it sill did it after put I had also used regular gas. Not sure if it was that or the oil because the next day it drove great! I do have to try a couple times to start the car and If it is real cold it sometimes won't start at all.