2006 Memory seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006 | 05:53 PM
Yui
Pro

2006 Memory seat issue

Was detailing the interior of my car today, and noticed this problem for the 2nd time. The first time, I just thought it was some random glitch, that it would never happen again. What happens is that when I press the memory seat button, it does not respond, and instead I have to hold down the memory seat button for the seat to revert to that position. As soon as I let go, the power seat stops where it is, and I have to press and hold for it to resume operation. This does not appear to be normal operation. I'd like to see if anyone else has this issue before taking it in. The problem is, it's very intermittent, and most likely the dealer will not be able to reproduce the problem.
Old 02-18-2006 | 11:47 PM
Yui
Pro

Just went out for a drive and whaddya know, as soon as I put the key in the ignition and turn the engine on it works fine. So sometimes it works without the key in the engine and sometimes you have to hold it down. Weird.
Old 02-19-2006 | 12:40 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yui
Just went out for a drive and whaddya know, as soon as I put the key in the ignition and turn the engine on it works fine. So sometimes it works without the key in the engine and sometimes you have to hold it down. Weird.
I recall a member here saying that when he popped open the button for his power seats he found a cherio in there. Not saying that's what it is... but often times it's the most random thing you can think of. I say take it into the dealer anyways. Maybe they've experienced something like this and they'll know what it is. If it's an 06 it's obviously still under warranty unless you drive as many miles as sauceman.
Old 03-11-2006 | 10:11 PM
Yui
Pro

I realized the issue today. The memory seat buttons will not be one-touch if you do not have the parking brake up. Simply lift the parking brake back up and you should regain one-touch functionality. Does this not hold for the AT model? Or am I just one of the few that uses one memory button to move the seat back to get out of the car and one memory button to get the seat back intro driving position?