2004 Acura TSX suspension replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Acura TSX suspension replacement

Hello,

I recently just became a new owner to a 2004 Acura TSX bought used with 201k Kilometres. There were some issues with the car that needed to be fixed as my father is a mechanic i wasn't too worried when i bought the car. The main problem with this car was the control arm and the suspensions that both need to be replaced. This is my first car and I'm a bit inexperienced with buying parts. Any recommendation for control arms and suspensions(struts)? I have been doing a little bit of research and i'd prefer to buy a strut in a complete form with the springs attached. I'm also not looking to spend too much money and won't be needing high performance parts as this is my first car and i'm looking for functionality preferably to the way an Acura TSX should feel like when driving.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I waited until I needed new dampers, at 130,000 km, then bought complete A-Spec struts from Curry Acura in the US, and saved myself $800 vs buying A-Spec from Acura of North Toronto. I should have also bought all of the end links, too, which I found out I had to cut (and replace) when I was under the car. Curry no longer ship parts to Canada, however, saying it's "not economically feasible(?)."

I still have my original struts (from an 06 6MT, wrapped in plastic bags) and if you're in the GTA you can come and get them, for free, and take them apart and rebuild them, with at least new dampers, at your leisure. I'd probably lend you my spring compressor for a while, too.

As far as which damper you should use, for a non-lowered car, and which other parts you might need, you'll have to research that after you see what I have.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gdcwatt
I waited until I needed new dampers, at 130,000 km, then bought complete A-Spec struts from Curry Acura in the US, and saved myself $800 vs buying A-Spec from Acura of North Toronto. I should have also bought all of the end links, too, which I found out I had to cut (and replace) when I was under the car. Curry no longer ship parts to Canada, however, saying it's "not economically feasible(?)."

I still have my original struts (from an 06 6MT, wrapped in plastic bags) and if you're in the GTA you can come and get them, for free, and take them apart and rebuild them, with at least new dampers, at your leisure. I'd probably lend you my spring compressor for a while, too.

As far as which damper you should use, for a non-lowered car, and which other parts you might need, you'll have to research that after you see what I have.
I wish the a-spec coilovers were still in production...