05 tsx pulling to the left, am I fixing the right thing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 tsx pulling to the left, am I fixing the right thing?

I just got a 05 tsx and I am trying to get a few kinks worked out before it goes on the road. The car is for my gf and I want it to be as safe as possible obviously. I have had the car a couple days and it is pulling too the left and there is a vibration coming from the front driver side when I brake.

I had the car aligned and rotated the tires and the problem is less severe but when I let go of the wheel it drifts to the left still. It does not pull as bad now though.

After reading through a bunch of forum posts I am thinking that the compliance bushing is to blame. I am thinking that we should order the six bushing for the lower control arms (3 per side) and have a local shop install them.

While I had the wheels off I noticed a few other dry rotted/aged parts that I have been unable to fully identify as of yet. I was looking at the diagrams on acurapartsworld.com as a reference and I think I need ball joints for sure.

I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to cars and suspension is definitely not my best topic. While I have a shop working on the front end, should I go ahead and replace any other bushing or components in the front end? One part I was questioning is in the pic I posted. I think this is the upper ball joint boot, is that correct? Does this part look like it is worth stressing over replacing while I have it in the shop?

I appreciate any advice or tips you all may be able to offer. I am getting ready to spend about $600 here between labor and all the parts and want to make sure my funds are being well directed here. There was so much information on these cars pulling left I really wanted more educated opinions on this issue. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails 05 tsx pulling to the left, am I fixing the right thing?-img_0397.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Honestly with a car that old I would just replace the whole control arm. I just got Moog upper control arms for a Acura buddy at my cost for 70$ each.

Just because you had the car aligned won't make it go straight when the camber or something is wrong suspension wise with the car.

The ball joint to me in the picture looks worn out.

When your at the shop get them to diagnose and front end suspension play.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you replace the control arm if there is no sign it has issues? The shop said just the one bushing (compliance) is bad but I am going to replce all three in the lower control arm.

I was ready to replace that ball joint but the shop said it is still holding grease and they do not recommend replacing it surprisingly.

The first shop went to could not properly diagnose teh pull and that is why I came here and hoped to find some ideas from board members.

The alignment shop checked the camber, I thought that was something they always do for an alignment. The cars camber is fine.

Also, I do not like using aftermarket parts often. I put moog control arms on my civic and the bushings went bad within 10k miles. I typically try to always use factory OEM parts when I can.