04 tsx nav electrical problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 tsx nav electrical problems.

Around January of this year my friends' 04 TSX w/nav has been running into issues like intermittent no starts. At first the alternator and battery were replaced, at this time 4 batteries have been swapped as well as 2 alternators. At first i believed it was a parasitic drain issue.

Around 1200 miles after each time we have messed around with the alternator / battery, he will be driving the car and will start to get a series of lights coming on the dash. It usually starts with the SRSI indicator light, followed by followed by the ABS and VSA lights. These will go on and off for some time before all dash lights come on.

The radio will then cut out, as well as the AC if running. The RPM, Fuel, and speedometer gauges will then cut out, followed by the headlights before the car will simply turn off.

If the car is turned off at any time while these issues are taking place, it will not start again. Last time we had this issue, we brought the battery in (again) and it tested at 75% - the alternator was also tested and was working fine. This has now happened three times, always starting between 1200-1300 miles after the last incident.

We read up on security issues and key problems. We noticed once that after turning the ignition switch on, the Immobilizer System light began flashing repeatedly until we removed the key. However, we have not been able to reproduce this, and it now turns off normally after a few seconds of being in the on position.

When the key is turned to start the motor turns over .25 to 1.5 times and then stops, after that there is a relay that goes insane (very rapid clicking) near the inner fuse box, i have talked to a local Acura dealership and a service person said it sounds like a parasitic draw issue, is this a weird can-bus related issue where something won't go to sleep, or is there a larger problem that Im completely missing, and i have tried hitting the starter and it only worked once. help/recommendations would be awesome.