Spring Mountain Raceway Trackday (56k will die!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
Apex Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Spring Mountain Raceway Trackday (56k will die!)

OK... it's of the two wheel variety but I got some nice pics and thought you might enjoy.

The following was posted on SocalSportbikes.info if you're wondering what SCS is and the names involved. Anyway, thought I'd share the experience...

Well, I finally have time to actually write about the weekend and all I have to say is WOW! Well, that's not all I have to say... :notooth First off I have to give props to hex for picking all us up and dropping us off which added about 4 extra hours to his total travel time. It was great hangin and riding with all of ya. Met alot of SCS'ers and kicked it with 'em in the pits and what not which was a blast in itself. Wil and Rudy's pitbikes sure spiced it up a bit too. Especially when Wil gives his fiddy to me (in gear) by the right clip-on. That ended up turning into a wheelie dance which I refused to let go as it spun and hopped around me before I could finally give enough slack in my arm/wrist to let off the throttle lmao. Then Rudy tells me to do a stoppie on his lil’ motard which I almost 1 o’clocked lol. I’ll stick to the track and NOT stunting! 

Pahrump is definitely my favorite track I've been to and can't wait to hit it up again! I've learned so much from all you SCS'ers the whole 7 1/2-8months I've been riding and I think everything just clicked this weekend and I had a blast and was even awe-struck at some of the things I accomplished as far as technique and performance is concerned. Having a dedicated track bike and being on DOT race tires improved my confidence so I didn't hold back so much. I was initially working on my body positioning that Troy helped me with at the last skills day and it apparently worked for the best. I was carrying much greater corner speeds than last time and even ended up dragging my left lower' and still dragging toes every now and then with my rearsets raised up n back all the way! I was surprised to say the least and I was even hanging, somewhat, with the big boys in B group. That didn’t click until the weekend was up and I was about to knock out around 2am Sunday night though. Being it was my second time in B group, I was pretty amazed after the fact.
I was just getting into the zone and just riding. I was comfortable and just getting in the groove not really pushing the limits, well I definately exceeded my limits of my last performance, but that was at the back of my mind. It was pure fun and adrenaline at the time, if even that. I was just in the zone and having fun out there. Supposedly I even passed an AMA racer, even though he was on a 125.
All in all, it was a great weekend with all of you and props to Ti2TT for a basically flawless event. As far as us SCS’ers, John and Taza’s mishaps and Brians offroad excursions, it was great times and I can’t wait to do it again.

Again I gotta thank hex for everything, Sean for some more “inside tips” of the track, Ryan and James for toting me around for a bit to show me what I can do out there with what I have, Jeff Tigert for hooking up the tire swap/tune-up/suspension dialing, Kent and Jerry for great pics and the rest of you guys who’ve helped me along the way and making riding, and even waiting to ride, that much more enjoyable. (Holy run-on sentence!) Anyway, rant over and can’t wait to do it again!!!

Action and various pics below:

Fookin George’s cholo-ass… lol

Old 01-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice pics!!!

Funny that your buddy is practicing with the Shinai in one hand and the cigarette in the other.

LOL
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
send me a link to JDM??

damn sweet pics man, the clarity on those is amazing
Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,555 Posts
those pictures are sweet man.

this is my favorite one it is just so up close and detailed.

damn I need to learn how to ride a motorcyle and get a bike just looks so much fun.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Got Phó?

WoW, really makes me want to ride but its not summer!!! damn WA weather!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Have camera, will travel

Nice photos, dude!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! What kinda camera do you have?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by moda_way
Nice pics!!!

Funny that your buddy is practicing with the Shinai in one hand and the cigarette in the other.

LOL
lol... I know right. The smoking samurai...

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
damn sweet pics man, the clarity on those is amazing
Thanks. Yeah I know. I even had to resize 'em. They're so clear you could literally zoom in on a particular nut/fastener and see it as clear as the rest of the picture.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
those pictures are sweet man.

this is my favorite one it is just so up close and detailed.

damn I need to learn how to ride a motorcyle and get a bike just looks so much fun.
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed 'em. Yeah, that's one of my fav's too. Look how close the body work is to dragging (lower fairing). I actually scraped my left lower' on T4 there when I cranked her over.

Look up the MSF course and get your liscence. TRUST ME... there is absolutely nothing like it! Straight line speed is phenominal out of the box (10sec 1/4 miles)... mix that with some crazy lean angles on a race track and I assure you, even a car of the same caliber (speed-wise) on a track, doesn't compare to the sense of speed and freedom of a sportbike.

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
WoW, really makes me want to ride but its not summer!!! damn WA weather!!!
Yeah, that's definately a perk of SoCal. Did you ever get that RR you wanted?

Originally Posted by waTSX
Nice photos, dude!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by supraken
Nice! What kinda camera do you have?
Thanks. Actually, the action pics are taken by a professional photographer working the corners. His website is Palomarpics.net if you want to email him and ask for the info. He charges $50 for a cd of both days (approx 35-50 pictures in VERY high resolution).