n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
vwong,
do you have a camber kit?

it looks like you need it in the rear?

maybe it's just an illusion?!?!

:troutslap
No camber kit. From the quick measurement last week, it seems like I might be looking for a camber kit for the rear.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vwong
No camber kit. From the quick measurement last week, it seems like I might be looking for a camber kit for the rear.
i got mine from ultrarev

all my wheels are perfectly straight

i'll take pics when my car is clean

it rains everyday in florida!

Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 PM
bleh...

looks like a good turnout.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
n00b

all my wheels are perfectly straight
I don't want them straight. I do want some camber, probably max at -2.5 degrees.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perfect day for a TSX meet. Amazing to see 16 TSXs all in one place ( including two, yes TWO, Milano Red TSXs ). Here are some pics that I took before my camera decided not to cooperate.

Kevin's TSX with, IMHO, the "perfect" drop.

Sorry I couldn't make the loop drive with you guys. So what's up with the detour I was reading about? Nobody with a navi could help? It was great to meet all of those who attended. Missed joerockt who I hope to meet the next time (and listen to his upgraded system). And props to Cobalt and Kaikai for making the arrangements, preparing maps, and sending out reminders. Special thanks to Cobalt for letting me try out his TSX with the intake and sway bar. OMG, I want those mods even more now. :looksovershoulderbutwifeisoutshoppingsorbshandsto getherandgrins: The meet, IMHO, was a huge success. So, when is the next one? Lets have it by the beach somewhere.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by jlukja
So what's up with the detour I was reading about? Nobody with a navi could help?
The navi doesn't show elevation. It was very steep, no kidding!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Stokeless

Vwong do you rub at all? What size is your tires? Did you roll your fenders? Even when I raised my car up as high as it is now when I hit a bump I rub or during hard turns rub as well...I need to roll my fenders and quick.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Teh seX

vwong.. i love the drop man.. .. wish i coulda made it..next meet im coming for sure..
Old 03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Got Milk???

Jlukja, I should hire you to take pictures for my car, the shots you took were very clear and the angle perfect. I tried taking couple pictures but they didnt look that good, thanks, i'm gonna save that one down thanks for the compliment on the drop too

Vwong, I was pretty concerned about your car going down that hill, cuz I had to go pretty side ways down at the bottom with my prokit drop. Did you manage to get down without scratching anything?

The hill descend would've been even more fun for those of you without lowering springs. You just have to wait up for the person in front to clear outa sight, then let the car slide down without hitting on the brake... man... it's like a coaster I tell ya

-K
Old 03-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Got Milk???

just to add to my previous post, I really wanna rent or loan a 4x4, speed off that hill and get some air time that'd be load of fun!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
Vwong do you rub at all? What size is your tires? Did you roll your fenders? Even when I raised my car up as high as it is now when I hit a bump I rub or during hard turns rub as well...I need to roll my fenders and quick.
My tires are 235/35/19 mounted on 19x8 +40mm wheels. I don't have any rubbing issue in the back, but I do have some rubbing in the front. Just like you, Stoke, if I go over some bumps, the front tires will rub the plastic liner. I actually have developed a hole (on each side) in the plastic liner. I also rub when the front wheels are turned and the suspension is loaded. I haven't rolled my fenders yet, but I was thinking about pulling the fenders out slightly. I don't know if anyone from the meet had noticed, my front fenders were pushed out a little (not much) already.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:49 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Vwong, I was pretty concerned about your car going down that hill, cuz I had to go pretty side ways down at the bottom with my prokit drop. Did you manage to get down without scratching anything?
I actually went through the bottom of that hill straight with no problem.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Got Milk???

My tires are 235/35/19 mounted on 19x8 +40mm wheels. I don't have any rubbing issue in the back, but I do have some rubbing in the front. Just like you, Stoke, if I go over some bumps, the front tires will rub the plastic liner. I actually have developed a hole (on each side) in the plastic liner. I also rub when the front wheels are turned and the suspension is loaded. I haven't rolled my fenders yet, but I was thinking about pulling the fenders out slightly. I don't know if anyone from the meet had noticed, my front fenders were pushed out a little (not much) already.

yea, that's why I felt that your front fender is different from the rest of us, how did you pull them out?

oh you did? that means I need to work on my driving skill more -_- I'm just paranoid about getting the front scratched up
Old 03-28-2005, 06:03 PM
n00b

yea, that's why I felt that your front fender is different from the rest of us, how did you pull them out?
I didn't. The tires did. The weekend after I put those wheels on, I went to Laguna Seca to watch the Speed WC race. The parking lot at Laguna Seca is not paved, just dirt....and uneven. It was difficult to manuver in there without rubbing. I needed to turn in order to get into my parking spot, I already tried a pretty large turning radius, but there was limited room, and I had to crank the steering wheel a little more. The tires pushed the fenders out slightly.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Got Milk???

I didn't. The tires did. The weekend after I put those wheels on, I went to Laguna Seca to watch the Speed WC race. The parking lot at Laguna Seca is not paved, just dirt....and uneven. It was difficult to manuver in there without rubbing. I needed to turn in order to get into my parking spot, I already tried a pretty large turning radius, but there was limited room, and I had to crank the steering wheel a little more. The tires pushed the fenders out slightly.
you got me fooled there though the fender certainly didnt look damaged or anything, just the inner part felt a bit thinned out when I tried to jam my finger in there.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
n00b

you got me fooled there though the fender certainly didnt look damaged or anything, just the inner part felt a bit thinned out when I tried to jam my finger in there.
Yeah, they don't look damaged. The pictures won't show the fenders being pushed out slightly. You have to look at it in person, and have another TSX next to it to see the difference.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

dang vwong i love your car dude.

too bad i dont live in cali, we could hang out.

i might take a trip down to cali in the summer, so i'd love to see the ride in person..

peace.

you need some engine mods!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 PM
n00b

dang vwong i love your car dude.

i might take a trip down to cali in the summer, so i'd love to see the ride in person..

peace.

you need some engine mods!
No $$$. Actually, my original plan was NOT to touch the engine. But after reading the Hondata reviews, I'm itching to start with Hondata first. Then slowly into other stuffs.

When you visit SoCal, just let me know. We'll meet up to talk cars.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

No $$$. Actually, my original plan was NOT to touch the engine. But after reading the Hondata reviews, I'm itching to start with Hondata first. Then slowly into other stuffs.

When you visit SoCal, just let me know. We'll meet up to talk cars.
you should come to florida and ride in my hondata tsx
Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jlukja, I should hire you to take pictures for my car, the shots you took were very clear and the angle perfect. I tried taking couple pictures but they didnt look that good, thanks, i'm gonna save that one down thanks for the compliment on the drop too
I actually shrunk and cropped the pictures before posting. Here are links to the original size pics:

Enjoy
Old 03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Wow...great pics from everyone...I have very similar shots so I won't post mine...too bad I missed the tour to Laguna...it looked like a good time...hopefully next time I can join in on the drive...great to meet everyone and safe driving
Old 03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Racer

vwong... how low did you drop your car on the tein coilovers? 2" ?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by jlukja
Sorry I couldn't make the loop drive with you guys. So what's up with the detour I was reading about? Nobody with a navi could help? It was great to meet all of those who attended. Missed joerockt who I hope to meet the next time (and listen to his upgraded system). And props to Cobalt and Kaikai for making the arrangements, preparing maps, and sending out reminders. Special thanks to Cobalt for letting me try out his TSX with the intake and sway bar. OMG, I want those mods even more now. :looksovershoulderbutwifeisoutshoppingsorbshandsto getherandgrins: The meet, IMHO, was a huge success. So, when is the next one? Lets have it by the beach somewhere.
The detour was something that Kai planned and took us all on. Basically, it was a HUGE drop that looked like a roller coaster.

J, you're very welcome and it was nice to finally be able to meet you. And :getmodsdonewhilewedistrackmrslukja: I think at the very least you should get the rear sway installed. I've now got 2 converts (PalidanX and Kai) who really believe in that mod.

I think the next one we have will be at Ace Alloy Wheel and it's being organized by projecttsx. I also vote for having a meet at the beach as the scenery would be awesome. Maybe we can do that one in the summer?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
SI Drive

peace.

Dzuy, if you head out here to Cali, I'll plan a meet around you so that you can attend. It also cheeses me that xixor was out here as well and couldn't make it. So let me know once the date gets closer and heck, I'm sure that even some of us would be willing to take you around town and show you the sights.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by kammerz
Wow...great pics from everyone...I have very similar shots so I won't post mine...too bad I missed the tour to Laguna...it looked like a good time...hopefully next time I can join in on the drive...great to meet everyone and safe driving
It was nice meeting you too Kam and your girlfriend (does she have a sister? Or at least hot friends? )
I love your ride man. Definitely love how those rims look gun-metalish in person. It's funny because I was considering getting them when I got my car, but didn't at the last minute. I kinda wished I did now. Maybe at our next meet you can run with us.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:26 AM
n00b

Originally Posted by goowakjai
vwong... how low did you drop your car on the tein coilovers? 2" ?
Roughly about 2-1/4".
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
wow nice pics and meet! vwwongs tsx is so nice
Old 03-30-2005, 02:50 PM
projectsx

nice meet you guys sorry couldn't make it . i am getting more info on the meet at the ace alloy wheel open house on june 4 2005 . we should have a good turn out their .giving people plenty of time to get ready and beware. also we will get to see parts for our cars. no one will can kick us out. nice pics everyone.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by palidanx

http://www.shinzu.com/tsx/images/car...s_IMG_0650.jpg
heading out to pch..

too bad i didn't get any pch pics hehe, but there's always next time hehe

This picture was so awesome I had to make it my avatar.

I really hope you don't mind!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by CobaltForge
It was nice meeting you too Kam and your girlfriend (does she have a sister? Or at least hot friends? )
I love your ride man. Definitely love how those rims look gun-metalish in person. It's funny because I was considering getting them when I got my car, but didn't at the last minute. I kinda wished I did now. Maybe at our next meet you can run with us.
thx. i'll let you know a month or so in advance.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 PM
04 remembrance

Looks like the Acura dealership.

Nice pics!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Race Director

aweomse pics!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by AlterZgo