New to the Community!(NO 56k) TSX A spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN that was fast!!!! Thanks CCC

Also can anyone point me to a place where I can pick up the accord front grill that looks just like the USDM TSX but with the "H"

Hate to do this but the thread is so far off topic already...
Old 02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by Proper
DAMN that was fast!!!! Thanks CCC

Also can anyone point me to a place where I can pick up the accord front grill that looks just like the USDM TSX but with the "H"

Hate to do this but the thread is so far off topic already...
you can contact several places for that. I would First recommend MrHeelToe the forum vendor then you can also try aj-racing.com and boomplustoys.net you are going to need to call both of those even though they have websites and email address they really dont answer them. also you can try bulletproofautomotive.com as a last resort cause they have higher prices.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Thank you very much... I emailed aj a few days ago... guess i'll just have to call. Thanks again

BTW I lOVE your car!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Proper
Thank you very much... I emailed aj a few days ago... guess i'll just have to call. Thanks again

BTW I lOVE your car!
thanks. I have changed some things on it.

By the way to all of you that have been waiting to see the new parts on my car pictures are coming next week of most of the parts however not all have arrived on time once again just like last year.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
If I give you my center caps I cant ever rock my oem wheels ever again then man.
Don't worry... it's just temporary.. i *hope* i am getting some rims...if my $$$ project goes through over the summer, you might see me rocking in a WHOLE NEW CAR...or a whole new modded CL9 baby!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Don't worry... it's just temporary.. i *hope* i am getting some rims...if my $$$ project goes through over the summer, you might see me rocking in a WHOLE NEW CAR...or a whole new modded CL9 baby!
no new car just some new mods for the tsx.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Okay, only voicing my opinion because it was brought up. I agree with the kid. I think it's :ghey: to put a Honda emblem on an Acura. Never have understood it. I don't see legions of Lexus owners searching eBay for Toyota badges or Lincoln owners anticipating the day they can place that shiny Ford badge on their grill.

So most enthusiasts who even notice a badge on a vehicle know the TSX is the European Accord, and even my 6-year-old cousin can tell you that Acura is a Honda-sourced product. Who are you communicating your message to?

Honda Motor Corp. designed Acura to be a superior brand to Honda. The service is better, the dealership experience is (way) better, the luxury is superior, and obviously the brand value (and product price) is higher. I know this because I just paid a substantially higher lease payment for an '06 MDX than a Pilot. And although mechanically very similar, the MDX is overall the much better vehicle.

Not flaming here, just trying to understand why it's so important for TSX owners to place a less-prestigious emblem on their vehicles...? Someone please educate me here...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Drifting

This all comes down to the point of uniqueness. It's like, why do people mod their car when it's perfect when it comes out from the factory? SOme people like it, some people don't, that's why the mod it. I personally mod it because i want to be unique. I don't want my car to look like the other 1000 TSXes on the street. As for the Honda badge thing, it can be the same factor. We want to be unique so we put the Honda badge on and confuse other people. Like you said, any enthusiants would KNOW it's an Acura TSX, even you little cousin. So even if we rebadge it to Honda, they SHOULD know right? So why not. I know people buy TSX becuase it's an ACURA! but just to be different, people would do things that's irregular. I hope this helps without going into a flame thread.

And as for the Lexus comment, i personally KNOW people who rebadge theirs to TOYOTA ALTEZZA, they even go as hardcore as some of the members here, a full JDM conversion. However, only some of those people who still want to look better thus they rebadge their car to LEXUS ALTEZZA. It would've been better if they just take out the LExus emblem. IF you go to a Lexus forum and see the community there, you will understand why they do that~
Old 03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Cruisin'

I understand y ppl change the Acura sign to Honda. I've known that thing is that im just not a fan of it. Othere ppl like it no big deal. I do that honda makes acura, and toyota make lexus. nissan makes infinltiy how ever u spell it. But if that is the stay u like more power to u. I like the acura sign because i know the meaning to it so i have a more interest on it. But GO Honda for making my car.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Benz_05, I appreciate the non-flame response. I can understand your desire to be different. I'm 30 now and have grown more conservative, but I've been modifying cars for about 10 years now and can remember when I valued "uniqueness" over resale value and/or prestige.

When I owned my Probe GT a lot of guys used to put Mazda emblems on them (they're mechanically Mazda) and although I wasn't a fan, I understood their message. And when I had my Jetta GLX VR6 guys were putting Audi emblems on 'em (which was kinda ), but the A4 V6s were pricey, so guys saw them as poor-men Audis.

It's harder to make a case for the TSX to Euro-Accord or IS300 to Altezza simply because of the backwards prestige and resale factor, but if you're looking for uniqueness and don't mind any consequences from changing badges, more power to you guys.

My favorite rebadge engineering job was a Kia Sorrento with a Lexus badge on the back...seen here in Socal...I guess the owner thought it would be confused for an RX300
Old 03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Advanced

nice ride! looks like someone is more spoiled then me =P
Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aznTSXgurl
nice ride! looks like someone is more spoiled then me =P
You're spoiled? No way!

Guess you need to be despoiled, then.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Type34
Benz_05, I appreciate the non-flame response. I can understand your desire to be different. I'm 30 now and have grown more conservative, but I've been modifying cars for about 10 years now and can remember when I valued "uniqueness" over resale value and/or prestige.

When I owned my Probe GT a lot of guys used to put Mazda emblems on them (they're mechanically Mazda) and although I wasn't a fan, I understood their message. And when I had my Jetta GLX VR6 guys were putting Audi emblems on 'em (which was kinda ), but the A4 V6s were pricey, so guys saw them as poor-men Audis.

It's harder to make a case for the TSX to Euro-Accord or IS300 to Altezza simply because of the backwards prestige and resale factor, but if you're looking for uniqueness and don't mind any consequences from changing badges, more power to you guys.

My favorite rebadge engineering job was a Kia Sorrento with a Lexus badge on the back...seen here in Socal...I guess the owner thought it would be confused for an RX300
I totally understand what you mean. But people rebadging to higher level cars is just....:troutslap But i don't know how rebadging your car would hurt the resale value?? I mean, when you sell your car, i am pretty sure you will put back all the stock parts and rebadge it back to Acura, so... i ain't sure what you mean.

Whose case i've seen it someone rebadge a HOnda Accord to a BMW 745li.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Intermediate

HAHA nice car dude...Love the rims cause I got them myself MWUAHAHA

As for you being 16...lucky bastard...but then again when I was 17 I got a TL =P so I guess I'm spoiled too

Hope to see more pics and rants from you
Old 03-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by Type34

I could care less if I have a honda badge or not, I think the point of them doing this is because everywhere else outside NA all Honda cars are called Hondas, they only call them Acura here to mark up and sell for more. Same quality, so your acura is technically still a Honda.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
I could care less if I have a honda badge or not, I think the point of them doing this is because everywhere else outside NA all Honda cars are called Hondas, they only call them Acura here to mark up and sell for more. Same quality, so your acura is technically still a Honda.
Not to start up anything, but just to mention something for fun, aren't
they are introducing the "Acura" line in China? Haha just a meaningless point
I wanted to give.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a honda, dont we all drive Honda's?
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 PM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i need to post my picture of a honda civic hatchback with nice ricer skirts and Acura TSX badges on the ass......i was laughing so hard i almost wrecked (i was driving at the time)
Old 03-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Racer

I can understand why people do it, maybe it'll come to the point where beemers get rebadged as minis.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by YoungOwnerTSX
I understand y ppl change the Acura sign to Honda. I've known that thing is that im just not a fan of it. Othere ppl like it no big deal. I do that honda makes acura, and toyota make lexus. nissan makes infinltiy how ever u spell it. But if that is the stay u like more power to u. I like the acura sign because i know the meaning to it so i have a more interest on it. But GO Honda for making my car.
How on earth did you pass your written Driver's License exam?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Advanced

The kid's parents bot it. Got a pwoblem with that?

Anyhow, congrats on the car, kid. But please do try a little harder with your posts. I had to break out the new age dictionary to decipher most of your text.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by gt0279a
I can understand why people do it, maybe it'll come to the point where beemers get rebadged as minis.

DAMN THATS HOT!!! Where can i get that MINI? oh wait...it's a rebadged Just how i first react when i saw the Honda accord on this forum...
Old 03-08-2006, 04:28 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by YoungOwnerTSX
I take it Hooks On Phonics didn't work for you

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages...gid=KidsCorner
Old 03-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Have camera, will travel

^^"Hooks on Phonics?"
Old 03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chimera34
Not to start up anything, but just to mention something for fun, aren't
they are introducing the "Acura" line in China? Haha just a meaningless point
I wanted to give.
Yes, but in China Acura will sell really well. People from China are all into the "high class" stuff. They will want to buy "high class" stuff really cheap but still want to buy it. Ask me how i know... i talk with them all the time. There was this one lady from China that actually tried to tell me that her Motorola Razr was a "high end" phone.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Instructor

I kinda feel to each their own as far as what folks do to their cars. Make it your own, please yourself. My brother got this Civic for free and put a little time and a few bucks into for a cheap runabout. He definately has an odd sense of humor but is a unique and cool guy just the same:

BTW, nice ride YoungOwnerTSX, enjoy...

Matt -
Old 03-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Drifting

^ Um...flippin the emblems upside down makes it unique???

he should've put a Ferrari Badge on it
Old 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
^ Um...flippin the emblems upside down makes it unique???

he should've put a Ferrari Badge on it
Nah, I said he is unique. He's a character and did that as a lark. He did say someone asked him what kind of car a DIAD was though... LOL