My Quest For The Perfect Daily Driver

Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Quest For The Perfect Daily Driver

Hey everyone earlier this year I decided to pick up a 2004 SSM TSX after I blew up my second Subaru motor, being in college and working I was really looking for a clean, cheap, and reliable daily unlike my WRX. So in February picked up my one owner, 112,000 mile, 6-speed TSX, and for a couple months I was perfectly fine with the car as it was, but coming from a modded turbo car I am really missing the aggressiveness and speed of my old car.

This is basically just going to be my log of mod and photo updates of the car during my attempt to make this TSX into the perfect daily.

Current Mods
Motor
Stock
Suspension
Koni Yellows & Eibach Sportlines (9/20/17)122k
Wheels
Stock
Interior
GROM Aux Adaptor
Skunk 2 Weighted Shift Knob
Exterior
Wrapped Chrome Trim
Rep Mugen Rain Visors
Paint Matched Grille

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more updates!

Quick picture of the old car

And the TSX

Old 09-21-2017, 01:52 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koni/Eibach Installed Yesterday

Picture of the paint matched front chrome grille piece and some before and after pictures of the Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportlines.

Before

After

And my favorite shot from today

Old 09-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing some new rims! (I never liked the stock rims and replaced mine with some OZs almost immediately; Enkeis are nice too if you plan to track it) Hope to see some new pics soon
Old 09-24-2017, 11:28 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I handed down my 06 TSX 5AT w/ Navi to my son as a Sophomore in H.S. and he is now a Sophomore in College. He absolutely loves his TSX as his college car because of its size, power, mpgs, reliability, and sportiness. His TSX only has 140,000 miles and he plans to keep her until his first job and maybe longer. I've even asked him if he wanted to trade and take the 08 RDX and he said no without hesitation.

Search this Thread