My non-navi....navi!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My non-navi....navi!!

Lowrance I-Way 500C

This thing is great, free updates, music, pics, no CD's to upgrade, talks through car, and can go to any vehicle. For the TSX I had to buy an external anenna that I mounted low on the dash. On any other vehicle, the whole thing mounts on the windshield with a RAM mount, and is powered through the 12v socket. The power cord has a speaker in that case. It is also waterproof, and can be mounted on a motorcycle with a supplied bracket. I had this before I bought the TSX (it was in my truck) and that's the main reason I didn't get the Navi.

What do you guys think?

Ken
Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
not bad...i still prefer the stock navi with mostly everything integrated to it...not a bad option though...
btw...i like your blue floor board set up...care to share what you used?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 AM
OEM plus!

That's a real clean looking installation. What surrounds the nav unit, fiberglass or it that some sort of leather. Can't really tell from the pic
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Racer

Looks good...

and just out of curiousity... do you still have the factory instructions on how to load your CD changer on your radio??
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the navi and the blue lights. Nice!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Boost Junky

Originally Posted by drigo
not bad...i still prefer the stock navi with mostly everything integrated to it...not a bad option though...
btw...i like your blue floor board set up...care to share what you used?
looks like either some cold cathodes or LED strip tubes...I like it too, matches the gauge setup
Old 06-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
sweet, i'm gonna hafta look into that
Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Racer

Thanks guys!!

drigo, the blue lights are just puddle lights. When I took out the "not an ashtray" bins, I just came off the lead for that light. Look under your dash, and you will see holes where they punched them to hold the sound insulation on the back side. The puddle lights just fit in there. I then used some lense off an old 2x4 lay-in fixture to diffuse the spot of light.

bleser, yup, I leave it on there because it drives my wife and son nuts!!! hehe.

A Cake On, right now its just black vinyl stretched on partical board. One of these days I'm going to order a carbon fiber sheet and replace the vinyl. Should look alot better.

Thanks guys,
Ken
Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by kennungesser
Thanks guys!!

drigo, the blue lights are just puddle lights. When I took out the "not an ashtray" bins, I just came off the lead for that light. Look under your dash, and you will see holes where they punched them to hold the sound insulation on the back side. The puddle lights just fit in there. I then used some lense off an old 2x4 lay-in fixture to diffuse the spot of light.

Thanks guys,
Ken
good idea...it gives off an even beam of light...how bright is it...i really like that