The Kenstyle With New Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not wishing to be confrontational, but how can they - they both have been primered.
Light absorption through the colour will be absorbed mainly by the primered layer - only so much will be reflected off of it, and back through the coloured layer.

As for your acid test - that's not really valid as you're already aware as to what's plastic and what's not, plus the differing incident angles the light is hitting each surface.
If you applied the same test to unknown flat objects, then were asked to choose the metal/plastic one, you'd be hard pushed to do it more than 50:50, which is the outcome of simply guessing as well.
Only if you got it right each time, with different colours, could you then meaningfully read something from the result.

And no, I'm not a painter - just using what science I was taught many years ago, and commonsense.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

a car isn't flat, so inherently you can't expect different panels to look the same because of those angles according to your theory. and you're right the vision test is skewed because you know which parts are plastic and which aren't, but...

this is real life, not isolated tests, and bumpers look different than body panels. you can color match bumpers and panels, the color itself should not change but the reflection of light does differ between plastic and metal. no proof or theories, just my eyes. not here to argue, just
Old 10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Fairy nuff - we'll agree to disagree on this one.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xizor
no doubt you know your paint stuff, but go look at 10 brand new cars, I'm sure on almost all of them you can immediately see the plastic and metal parts reflect differently
The reasson they dont match perfect from the factory is becuse there painted seprate from the car so the same exact paint is not used on the bumpers and car.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:30 AM
I can't find my garage

gosh deng it..stop showing me pics of kenstyles! im gettin jealous!!! lol