Happy with the transformation

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 03:04 AM
RAIDER JAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy with the transformation

What's up everyone, quick background on me, I have been messing with cars since I was about 10, Da was a 25 yr Retired US ARMY VIETNAM DISABLED VETERAN, I am a 20 yr US ARMY COMBAT PARTIALLY DISABLED VETERAN. When Dad passed, 26 OCT 16, my world flipped, but my passion for Mechanics tripled, Dad, my youngest son (now 20), and Nephew were talking about opening a garage together-ON POINT AUTO MEKANIX-, but the world changed that day.
​I wanna say around 6 months ago, youngest Bro was having electric fan issues, middle bro is a YOUTUBE CERTIFIED WRENCHER...lol, after replacing the starter, alternator, upper/lower hoses, thermostat sending unit, battery, radiator, most major components and close to $1500,aside from timing belt, they still couldn't figure it out. Younger bro said he wanted to get rid of it, I said let me look at it, he said you fix it, you can have it, next morning, went and bought radiator cap, reverse flushed it, refilled it, test drive it, he got home, said he was calling a tow, just then the fan kicked in, his mouth dropped, eyes popped out, and he handed over the keys. I now own it and have been putting some personal touches, from a stock set up, here is MY Personal Rendition of my now ride, theme, due to PTSD and shit I can't remove from my head after the Military, "SLIPPING INTO DARKNESS"
Work done so far:
Adjustable coil overs on Bilstein Struts, 5 Spoke LEXUS IS300 Rims, Black Plasti-Dipped, GORILLA LOCKING LUG NUTS (ALL 20), Cold Air Intake (removed resonator,a box, and mud muffler, got idea and how to from this site), Black Resonated Exhaust tips.
Next up, two tone paint job, upgrade stereo system,n now running stick head unit, 450w KENWOOD AMP 2 10" MEMPHIS AUDIO WOOFERS, will be replaced with 6 channel hi/lol convertor, front doors-PPI 6 1/2" Components, crossover w2" tweeter, back doors-Memphia Audio 6 1/2" Reference Speakers, all run by PPI 4-CH 600W AMP, Rear Deck two 10" DVC ORION SUBS 1400MAX 700RMS each, BLAUPUNKT AUDIO 1500w 2-ch amp, running subs, and all work has been done by -ME!, I will keep you posted for the next change on "SLIPPING INTO DARKNESS"

Grill: Black Plasti-dipped, Emblem: White Plasti-dip

Adjustable coil overs, all around, Bilstein struts

LEXUS IS300 5 Spoke Rims with GORILLA LOCKS on all 20