Bone Stock. Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:58 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Bone Stock. Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

When I first got my TSX, I truly appreciated it's look and what fine lines it had. I had plans to modify it extensively to set it apart from what other TSX' are out there, but even with cash in hand, I always felt a bit compulsive NOT to do it. I wasn't sure if what I was about to do would actually be pleasing to my eye and to my car just because I saw it on somebody elses'. So because of this and my method of thinking, I've left my baby just the way I got her with the exception of small Mugen window visors. My car is (if you go by car manufacturer years) 3 years old, but I still think she looks as good, if not better, than what is rolling off the assembly lines today

I'll be using this thread to add pictures of her when I feel necessary...So here's some pics to get things going.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
very nice looking. My 06 is stock and I plan to keep it that way.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is because you haven't start modding it yet. That is what I am saying at first when I just got the car and ever since it is like a mods disease and wasting $$$ onto the car which is a really bad investment could use that $$$ elsewhere hey but I still can't tell myself to STOP. As soon as you do, you are going to like your car even more but at the same time it is best to leave them stock and untouched cause once you start, you can't stop. Personally, the TSX needs a drop and some nice kicks.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by CGPTSX06
That is because you haven't start modding it yet. That is what I am saying at first when I just got the car and ever since it is like a mods disease and wasting $$$ onto the car which is a really bad investment could use that $$$ elsewhere hey but I still can't tell myself to STOP. As soon as you do, you are going to like your car even more but at the same time it is best to leave them stock and untouched cause once you start, you can't stop. Personally, the TSX needs a drop and some nice kicks.
Yeah, to an extent I agree with everything you're saying, but I've completely come to the conclusion that I am perfectly content with what I have, so why start something (modding) that will only lead to more WANTS (and less NEEDS, if that makes any sense). There are a lot of things that I would WANT, and you may be right, if I had an astronomical amount of money in front of me, I probably would modify my car to a certain level, but the truth is that I don't and I think one of the reasons why that I left out in my first post (didn't think it was necessary..) is that myself and my family often donate to various small charities and our sort of philosophy is that we're very fortunate whereas many other families aren't so we do our best to help charities, who in turn, help less fortunate families make ends meet.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by CGPTSX06
I will have owned my tsx two years (bought new) in Nov. It has 58,000+miles. No plans or desires to ever mod it. I do alot of driving-alot of it on unfamiliar roads-NO DROP.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea.. alot of people are surprised when i say mine is an 04.. depends on how well you maintain it.