Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
down with the red... down with the amber... IN WITH THE SMOKE!!!! =D
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Audioserf
Thanks for the productive post that wasn't argumentative in any way.
you're welcome. let's face it. in terms of bang for the buck, this mod is at the bottom of the barrel.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bleser
I guess I don't quite get that.

If eveyone is so in to JDM, why don't you convert all of your interiors to the crappy, bland, Accord-style JDM interiors?

I guess JDM is only cool if you think it looks cooler... but to me, to do something "just to be JDM" is pointless.
i agree. this conversion is just J-D-stupid.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by feelgood13
i agree. this conversion is just J-D-stupid.
you might as well change your forum name to "hasnothingpositivetosay.ever.ever."

just sayin...
Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
jeeze i still got the lights for a good price, compared to full price, and its a member parting out so his loss my gain.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Is waiting in

What bulb are you using? I have a white LED (looks 'hyper yellow') in mine, but might change it out to an amber one so it matches the other shades. I was never a fan of amber to begin with, but this is something you only notice when lit. Other TSX drivers I have come across think it's just a bulb change and tried it themselves with no luck. So yes, it does make it different from the rest of the herd. Plus with having JDM headlights, I've been harassed by law enforcers, saying it's illegal to have 'blue signals', but when I show them the signals are in fact amber, that I went out of my way to make it that way, they are more easy going and let me go for tint
Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 PM
CL9 ABP

Their the stock bulbs right now. I haven't had any problem with cops yet...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Racer

solid
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Racer

Has anyone done this on a 06 or newer model?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
CL9 ABP

They look the same except the pattern in the inner lights are starburst instead of squares (04-05)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Instructor

IMO- no offense to anyone

no offense to anyone. I know this is several weeks old but I had to express my true feeling about it.
If I have a different opinion then yours, please don’t hate me. Or ask me to be positive...etc
re-badgeing always ranked as the number 1 on my do-not-do list until I saw the jdm taillights and how much they cost.
I could not even tell the difference between the oem and the jdm tail lights until someone pointed it out
I do not see it adding any beauty to the car In fact I personally think red matches blue better then amber
I strongly believe that this is a worthless mod meaning waste of time and money (to me).
Several people here claimed that amber is safer at night. If this is the case then shouldn’t our brake/stop lights be amber instead of red? Believe me If amber is much safer then red then shouldnt the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration mandate all automobile manufactures to stick with the amber signals
If Acura offered a choice between amber and red I will defiantly go for the red
Please do not be offended with what I said. I just spoke my honest and true feelings about it. and to lcrazyaznl if thats what u like enjoy and dont be offended.
Merry xmas and happy new year to all of you guys.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csun2004
no offense to anyone. I know this is several weeks old but I had to express my true feeling about it.
If I have a different opinion then yours, please don’t hate me. Or ask me to be positive...etc
re-badgeing always ranked as the number 1 on my do-not-do list until I saw the jdm taillights and how much they cost.
I could not even tell the difference between the oem and the jdm tail lights until someone pointed it out
I do not see it adding any beauty to the car In fact I personally think red matches blue better then amber
I strongly believe that this is a worthless mod meaning waste of time and money (to me).
Several people here claimed that amber is safer at night. If this is the case then shouldn’t our brake/stop lights be amber instead of red? Believe me If amber is much safer then red then shouldnt the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration mandate all automobile manufactures to stick with the amber signals
If Acura offered a choice between amber and red I will defiantly go for the red
Please do not be offended with what I said. I just spoke my honest and true feelings about it. and to lcrazyaznl if thats what u like enjoy and dont be offended.
Merry xmas and happy new year to all of you guys.
None taken, but I speak for myself.

Also being an ABP owner and JDM tail-light owner.

To me this is a worth while mod because to me AMBER is a more distinct and visible as an indicator color. I have driven behind plenty of TSX's (my Wife's included) and the red signal just blends to much for me and isn't very distinct. For me it's the contrasting AMBER that makes the obvious, "I'm signaling".

Of course red is the standard color for brake lights becasue logically they are easier on the eyes, and at night wouldn't cause the "blue" shadow in our vision.

For me I really never really liked red signals. Especially cars that use the brake lights for both stop and signal, now that really urks me.

P.S. If not to draw offense, you shouldn't call someones mod "waste of time and money", because if you look at the bigger picture, anyone's mod can fall under that category.

P.P.S. Merry Christmas too!

Page 3
Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 AM
CL9 ABP

The main concern was our brake light are kind of small and then when our signals flash some people might think its brake lights or the other way around.

I wouldnt say their a waste of money, because they still look great and have a purpose.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:13 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
I like em just cause they're different and certainly don't look bad