:woot:

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:46 PM
Banned

:woot:

Going to do the Accord key mod. Got the key from Vancover, Washington for 45 bucks, 5 dollars to ship it

My friend is going to do the cutting and stuff.

Funny stuff I heard people say when I called Honda dealers in Washington.

One guy said it takes about 5-7 hours to program the key. They use "special equipment". One guy said I need a Honda Accord VIN number to buy the key. Some guy said that what I am trying to do wont work, and only computer tech people can.

Ok. I'm done
Old 02-16-2006 | 07:10 AM
Suzuka Master

If you haven't already, I've provided some good DIY Instructions here.

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2006 | 11:27 AM
Racer

Yea. Those instructions are good. And it helped me a lot. I dont no how many times i have thanked you already moda, but THANKS again.
Old 02-16-2006 | 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TSX559
Yea. Those instructions are good. And it helped me a lot. I dont no how many times i have thanked you already moda, but THANKS again.
You are definitely welcome!!
Old 02-16-2006 | 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator

As a side note, my TSX is in to the dealer today to get a smell checked on. My service guy was amazed at my key and took it around to show all the other people. They all had the exact same reaction: "Wow! Why do Hondas get this and Acuras get the clunky fobs?" A guy there who drives an Accord came over to put the 2 side by side and he was impressed.

He wanted to know the details, but i was in a hurry so I kept him in suspense. Told him I got a spare cut and bought the blank and did it myself...

... in other news, I have a brand spanking new (temp tags, 1k miles) 2006 TL in silver with black leather as a loaner. The power is fun but I like my TSX so much more. Funkiest thing I've noticed so far: in SS, it shifts from 1 to 2 for you at ~ 4k rpm. You CANNOT redline (or approach redline) in 1st gear. Weird. Every other gear you get full manual control of though. And gobs of torque and throw. Handling / Suspension sucks though.
Old 02-16-2006 | 06:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Reach
As a side note, my TSX is in to the dealer today to get a smell checked on. My service guy was amazed at my key and took it around to show all the other people. They all had the exact same reaction: "Wow! Why do Hondas get this and Acuras get the clunky fobs?" A guy there who drives an Accord came over to put the 2 side by side and he was impressed.

He wanted to know the details, but i was in a hurry so I kept him in suspense. Told him I got a spare cut and bought the blank and did it myself...

... in other news, I have a brand spanking new (temp tags, 1k miles) 2006 TL in silver with black leather as a loaner. The power is fun but I like my TSX so much more. Funkiest thing I've noticed so far: in SS, it shifts from 1 to 2 for you at ~ 4k rpm. You CANNOT redline (or approach redline) in 1st gear. Weird. Every other gear you get full manual control of though. And gobs of torque and throw. Handling / Suspension sucks though.

Part # 54130-SEP-A82ZA
Price: $50 + shipping at www.acuraparts247.com
Old 02-16-2006 | 07:08 PM
Yui
Pro

Yes, first to second it autoshifts up for you if you let off just a tiny bit on the throttle. You've got to floor it hard to keep it in 1st to redline. Give it another go. Or maybe they somehow made this problem even worse on the 2006s?

Originally Posted by Reach