TL deck lid spoiler on a TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL deck lid spoiler on a TSX?

Has anyone either gotten or investigated getting the TL deck lid spoiler (little lip, not the wing) on a TSX? I was at a (closed - Sun night) Acura dealership and did a rough measurement of a deck lid spoiler that was installed on a TL. It looks like at least length-wise it would fit on a TSX (trunk width appears to be the same). I don't know if the profile of the trunks are different such that on a TSX, it wouldn't sit flush.

Would an Acura dealer do such an installation if it wasn't officially designed for the car? I'm also thinking about adding the TL body side molding, which also appears like it would fit (and at least one other poster mentioned seeing on a TSX at a dealership). I wonder if they'd do it, but not warranty the work (getting the 4yr factory warranty on accessories would be the main reason to get the items installed by the dealer). If they didn't, I guess buying the pieces and then having a local bodyship do the installation would be the alternative.

Jeff
Old 04-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jwhite4
Has anyone either gotten or investigated getting the TL deck lid spoiler (little lip, not the wing) on a TSX? I was at a (closed - Sun night) Acura dealership and did a rough measurement of a deck lid spoiler that was installed on a TL. It looks like at least length-wise it would fit on a TSX (trunk width appears to be the same). I don't know if the profile of the trunks are different such that on a TSX, it wouldn't sit flush.

Would an Acura dealer do such an installation if it wasn't officially designed for the car? I'm also thinking about adding the TL body side molding, which also appears like it would fit (and at least one other poster mentioned seeing on a TSX at a dealership). I wonder if they'd do it, but not warranty the work (getting the 4yr factory warranty on accessories would be the main reason to get the items installed by the dealer). If they didn't, I guess buying the pieces and then having a local bodyship do the installation would be the alternative.

Jeff
I did a full bodykit install for my cousin this past month on his TL. The sideskirts go on almost identically except for it comes in two peices. So i'm not 100% sure of that fitment. As far as the rear piece that goes onto the rear bumper. That actually requires drilling. Same with the front as well. I'm pretty sure the rear wont fit without drilling. The front drilling was for the underside. So that 4 bolts can line up. It might be possible with the front lip to go onto there. But the TL is slightly wider than the TL. So even though installation is possible, a seamless install is almost impossible.

Do you not like the TSX OEM bodykit?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i remember seen a post about the TL lip spoiler on a TSX, and the conclusion was that the TL has short strunk length, maybe 2 inches.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ght=tl+spoiler