T1R test pipe from AJ-Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T1R test pipe from AJ-Racing

Hey I am considering to purchase T1R test pipe from AJ-Racing someday because it gain hp at 11 to 13 and good price for $165.00. I wonder if it is worth to purchase it or not? I also want to buy a performance header with a test pipe someday. J Racing header is nice but problem is different subframe as JDM. I probably look at DC Sports or Comptech but I know that there were some issues on both headers. I just want to satisfield with performance header without any trouble. I want to leave a stock exhaust with upgrade header and test pipe, don't want to get loud out there driving. Any suggestion? Help me out!!

Thanks,
George
Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM
heel/toe is my specialty

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GSGOMEZ
Hey I am considering to purchase T1R test pipe from AJ-Racing someday because it gain hp at 11 to 13 and good price for $165.00. I wonder if it is worth to purchase it or not? I also want to buy a performance header with a test pipe someday. J Racing header is nice but problem is different subframe as JDM. I probably look at DC Sports or Comptech but I know that there were some issues on both headers. I just want to satisfield with performance header without any trouble. I want to leave a stock exhaust with upgrade header and test pipe, don't want to get loud out there driving. Any suggestion? Help me out!!

Thanks,
George
George are you sure it is just the test pipe that is getting an additional ~12hp!?!?! ALso i am not sure the test pipe would bolt up to our stock headers and exhaust, perhaps someone else could elborate on that, I doubt it though. Either way you said you dont want to get loud and that is just not a possibility with a test pipe. I have never seen a car without a cat that is quiet period.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I just got a message from Ben at AJ-Racing and take look at it. He also recommend me to go with Comptech or DC Sports will fit on test pipe but he prefers Comptech over DC Sports. Well, I like the noise of car but not too loud. I mean I like the performance on header and test pipe for TSX. I can't tell how sounds on performance because I am deaf but I can feel the performance on my 94 Accord with DC Sports, AEM CAI, and Greddy SP.

"Hi George,

From our expierences with DC Sport headers, they didn't do much to help the TSX in performance. I would rather recommedn you to get the T1R test pipe instead. You will be expecting to see 10-13whp gain with the test pipe on your TSX.

As for J's Racing header, there will be modifications in order to install because the USDM TSX has a different subframe so you will need to notch it before you can get the header install.

The J' sheader will make way more power than the DC Sports but the downside will be the modifications that are needed to make it to work.

I would suggest the Comptech header over the DC The Comptech does make the power and it will bolt up to the T1R test-pipe (which the DC will fit as well). I don't carry the 2 but I hope you get have your money well spent so look and see if you can locate a Comptech unit."

Regards,
Ben Leung

----------------------------------------
A&J Racing International
#11-12840 Bathgate Way
Richmond B.C.
Canada V6V 1Z4