single exhaust plug (european 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Type-S user

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
single exhaust plug (european 2.0)

Especially for CCColtsicehockey and Chris_F, but maybe others also.

I've checked the single exhaust plug thing (using your pic Chris_f, although you have 2 exhausts):

It is possible to order a plug, my local honda dealer has checked for me. In all european rear bumpers there are 2 holes in the bumper to hold the plug. They should be there in the tsx bumper as well I suppose. I think only the left side?? The single exhaust is on the right side.
They are stock painted in the color code's of the car. Now the downside, they are expensive... about 35 euro's (including dutch tax)... 41-42 dollars.

If someone needs help ordering one... no problem, wanna help.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Seems like a sweet deal. If I ever decide to go solo then I'll be sure to send you a PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Burning Brakes

EuroAccord2.4AT, omg thankyou soo much!! my new exhaust (single outlet on the right side) will be here in less than a week, and i've been searching high and low for this part ever since i ordered it . I'll send you a pm, thanks again - im sure this will help out a lot of people.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:27 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good job man!! i am sure you just helped ALOT of members...maybe even me in the future~
Old 03-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Type-S user

Additional info, 2005 (and before) colors over here are:

- Satin silver metallic
- graphite pearl
- nighthawk black pearl
- indigo bleu pearl
- arctic bleu pearl
- mist opal green metallic
- milano red
- royal ruby red pearl

no idea about 2006 colors available, but there are some changes...
Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
hmm I may have to order one of these just to be safe in the future.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
iVTEC no koe

EuroAccord2.4AT, you got any of the part numbers?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Type-S user

Originally Posted by HoRRo
EuroAccord2.4AT, you got any of the part numbers?
Sorry, haven't got the partnumber(s). My Honda dealer searched the part for me.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

umm what is a "single exhaust plug" ?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by huckleberry
umm what is a "single exhaust plug" ?
My guess is that it is a half-circle shaped piece of plastic that covers the left-side exhaust opening to give the rear a more proper look when the car has a single outlet exhaust installed.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 PM

it is a half-circle shaped piece of plastic that covers the left-side exhaust opening to give the rear a more proper look when the car has a single outlet exhaust installed.
exactly
Old 03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

My guess is that it is a half-circle shaped piece of plastic that covers the left-side exhaust opening to give the rear a more proper look when the car has a single outlet exhaust installed.
JC ! why would anyone want to do that ?! - converting to single outlet exhaust.
get a civic then
Old 03-18-2006, 02:58 PM

get a civic then
cause the j's racing titanium exhaust is a sick exhaust setup thats why.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:03 PM
iVTEC no koe

get a civic then
dual setup is not only heavy, but probably does more harm than good on a 4 cyl.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:14 PM

plus once again the j's racing full titanium exhaust is sexy and also weighs in at a total weight of 6lbs. that is a rediculous amount of weight savings.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Drifting

also, single exhaust like the J's racing one ACTUALLY adds whp, while the other dual after market is more for looks, and even if it does add hp, it will be very minimal~
Old 03-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
also, single exhaust like the J's racing one ACTUALLY adds whp, while the other dual after market is more for looks, and even if it does add hp, it will be very minimal~
I would love to see an actual dyno comparison of a single outlet and well designed dual outlet exhaust. It's no doubt the weight is less with the single, but does anyone have any actual data to support the claim?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

JTso, i've owned the mugen exhuast (a very well designed dual outlet) previously which i've since sold and sometime this week i should have the j's racing. I Hopefully i'm able to compare the two, only problem is i'll have the gruppeM intake on at the same time. What i might do is got a stock euro to hit the dyno with me, or perhaps a euro with similar I/H mods to see what effect the exhuast has. Anything over 5hp will make me happy - the weight saving alone is great (over 15kg compared to stock!)

huckleberry, weight savings and performance - more to the point why would anyone (not concerned with noise output or "looks" - which are subjective) run a more restrictive twin muffler design exhaust? Having two mufflers doesnt = better exhuast
Old 03-18-2006, 06:25 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by Chris_F
JTso, i've owned the mugen exhuast (a very well designed dual outlet) previously which i've since sold and sometime this week i should have the j's racing. I Hopefully i'm able to compare the two, only problem is i'll have the gruppeM intake on at the same time. What i might do is got a stock euro to hit the dyno with me, or perhaps a euro with similar I/H mods to see what effect the exhuast has. Anything over 5hp will make me happy - the weight saving alone is great (over 15kg compared to stock!)

huckleberry, weight savings and performance - more to the point why would anyone (not concerned with noise output or "looks" - which are subjective) run a more restrictive twin muffler design exhaust? Having two mufflers doesnt = better exhuast
Chris_F, which J's Racing Ti exhaust are you getting? The one for the TSX (CL9) or the Euro-R (CL7) ?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Moderator

That's a wonderful idea!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:57 PM

Chris_F, which J's Racing Ti exhaust are you getting? The one for the TSX (CL9) or the Euro-R (CL7) ?
i believe he is talking about the one for the CL9 which i believe it is the same one that FF_TSX has.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:16 PM
boost = TSX's best friend

Is this it?

found this pic in the gallery, I believe this car is from Belgium.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by JDMCL9T
Is this it?

found this pic in the gallery, I believe this car is from Belgium.
that would be it kinda. that would be the one for the USDM kit. however that is not the one for the type S/euro R kit.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:45 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

With the above statement being said. Why would HONDA engineers allow the dual exhaust if it did more harm the good?
Old 03-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSX2345
With the above statement being said. Why would HONDA engineers allow the dual exhaust if it did more harm the good?
Because it looks good..
Its not really like its harmful on 4 cylinders, its just not as performance orientated.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JTso
I would love to see an actual dyno comparison of a single outlet and well designed dual outlet exhaust. It's no doubt the weight is less with the single, but does anyone have any actual data to support the claim?
Actually YES!! but not HARD proof, but coming from the mouth of the owner of AJR, i think it should be reliable. Ben (the owner of AJR) personally told me (or msg me) saying that they did a dyno, and the J's racing titanium exhaust give the TSX 10whp increase!! I was amazed...
Old 03-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A single exhaust wouldn't make any difference in performance unless the dual muffler system had a tragic design flaw or something. Jack up the car sometime and look at how far back the split to each muffler is. It's almost by the rear axle. By the time it gets that far, the exhaust gas has lost so much heat that the pressure and pulses are both far less dramatic than in the header. At that point it's only a matter of venting gas.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Burning Brakes

thanks JDMCL9T, was looking for that picutre myself. That's the exact model plug i need - but in graphite pearl

On the a-j racing website one is listed as a cl9 application, the other a cl7. But really the distinction is being made between 70RR and 60rs. The 70RR has no resonator and i'm pretty sure that it bypasses the cat - a circuit only application. Both exhausts are designed for the cl7 (euroR) but the design works perfectly fine for the cl9

Hey Benz, thanks for that information - i was hoping/guessing it would provide a 10hp gain

Colts, are you sure the exhaust is only 6lbs? thats amazing if it is! the stock one is 49 pounds.

Originally Posted by rmpage
A single exhaust wouldn't make any difference in performance unless the dual muffler system had a tragic design flaw or something. Jack up the car sometime and look at how far back the split to each muffler is. It's almost by the rear axle. By the time it gets that far, the exhaust gas has lost so much heat that the pressure and pulses are both far less dramatic than in the header. At that point it's only a matter of venting gas.
Good point, but untill a dual muffler exhaust is dynoed against a single outlet exhaust it's not a conclusive fact.

Personally I thought the mugen made a noticeable improvement , and i defintiely felt the difference compared to stock but the weight savings alone are more than enough to make the switch (its anohter 10+kg compared to the mugen let alone the stock)

The reason why honda chose to design a dual exit exhaust is because its fashionable and quieter, not for out right performance (although im sure the design is effective enough)
Old 03-19-2006, 01:01 AM

Colts, are you sure the exhaust is only 6lbs? thats amazing if it is! the stock one is 49 pounds.
someone told me that at some point. it could be wrong.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Actually YES!! but not HARD proof, but coming from the mouth of the owner of AJR, i think it should be reliable. Ben (the owner of AJR) personally told me (or msg me) saying that they did a dyno, and the J's racing titanium exhaust give the TSX 10whp increase!! I was amazed...
Which company doesn't claim their product produces good result? Sorry dude, that's simply not good enough. I'm not saying it doesn't produce gain. I'm just curious how people test and validate what they claim. What I want to see is the same car, same dyno and two different exhaust systems shootout (single vs dual). It's very simple.

Btw, according to the seller of the performance chip on ebay, you can get 10hp for $55. Should you believe it?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Burning Brakes

cool, i know that the RSX j's racing exhaust is = or <5kg
Old 03-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Burning Brakes

we'll all just have to wait and see... im confident that a single exhaust will offer better exhaust flow & better performance.

now, how do we order these plugs
Old 03-19-2006, 02:46 AM
Drifting

I think the J's racing is about 7-8 pounds....super light. The guy who got it told me he could just pick up the whole exhaust w/ one hand w/ ease....
Old 03-19-2006, 02:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JTso
Which company doesn't claim their product produces good result? Sorry dude, that's simply not good enough. I'm not saying it doesn't produce gain. I'm just curious how people test and validate what they claim. What I want to see is the same car, same dyno and two different exhaust systems shootout (single vs dual). It's very simple.

Btw, according to the seller of the performance chip on ebay, you can get 10hp for $55. Should you believe it?
Well, AJR is a very respectable company across the world. So i doubt the owner's words a BS. I trust him. I should've ask for a dyno, but i didn't really care about modding the performance of my car, so i didn't care. GUess we just have to wait until Chris_F for his dyno with the J's Racing~
Old 03-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea i think AJR are more reputable then a random seller on ebay - its a bit hard to compare, but i can understand where JTso is coming from with his post.

Unfortuneately i don't think i'll have a baseline for my dyno - so hopefulyl a stock car, or one with similar mods but without the exhuast will come to do at least some benchmarking. I already know the intake and header will give approximately 20whp together (conservative estimate) and that a dc header and injen intake should give about the same - Matt (Mattel), feel like joining me for a dyno when i get these parts on for some benchmarking?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Yes, I simply want to point out the importance of testing a product regardless whose name is on it and don't take it for granted. A very good example is rmpage's dyno test of his Hondata reflash, which raised the awareness and contributed to the recall due to a minor glitch. Many people have benefited from the effort as a result.

You see, knowing the results is better than believing what the result should be.

Let me use studying for a test as another example. If you have spent a lot of time preparing for a test (= doing extensive research of an expensive performance product), and finally taking the test (= spending a lot of time installing the product or paying a lot of money to have someone to install the product), but don't care to receive the test result (= not knowing the performance results). In the end, did your hard work pay off? Will you ever know? or simply "think" you have done well?

Btw, didn't mean to Good luck with the exhaust.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Type-S user

included some pics of the colors... because the name of the colors seems to be different... ofcourse scanning is not the best way, but there's no other option: it takes some time to load!

and another comment... don't know if the plug for the stock bumper is the same as the plug for the stock bumper with underspoiler attached to it.. I've searched for a pic of a stock rear bumper with plug, but could not find it (who takes a pic of his exhaust plug hé)

Has anyone checked if the tsx has 2 holes for fixing the plug???
Old 03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Drifting

JTSo...I don't think your example applies to me...since I don't study for tests...

but ya i know what you mean. But i am just posting what AJR told me. Like i said, i don't really care if it was true or not, since i ain't interested anyways. But I just said what he simply told me. But of course, i will suggest you to do a dyno for a real result!

*i wanna see the dyno too*
Old 03-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, I simply want to point out the importance of testing a product regardless whose name is on it and don't take it for granted. A very good example is rmpage's dyno test of his Hondata reflash, which raised the awareness and contributed to the recall due to a minor glitch. Many people have benefited from the effort as a result.

You see, knowing the results is better than believing what the result should be.

Let me use studying for a test as another example. If you have spent a lot of time preparing for a test (= doing extensive research of an expensive performance product), and finally taking the test (= spending a lot of time installing the product or paying a lot of money to have someone to install the product), but don't care to receive the test result (= not knowing the performance results). In the end, did your hard work pay off? Will you ever know? or simply "think" you have done well?

Btw, didn't mean to Good luck with the exhaust.
I completely understand that logic. I really want to dyno test with a stock exhaust then the j's racing to get some hard figures, but at the end of the day the best i'll be able to do is get another car to come along with me - would this be a pointless excersize? I'm hoping itll provide at least some sort of comparable results/indication of the gains.

EuroAccord2.4AT, thanks for the scan... replying to your pm now.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to get this clear.

There is a plug for the stock bumper and the rear modulo lip?

I know the EuroR is a dual setup but is there a plug for the EuroR kit too?

Quick Reply: single exhaust plug (european 2.0)