several months of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
several months of questions

I have been formulating these questions for a while now and trying to find my answers across most k-series boards. Rather then do multiple threads I figured its best to do all my motor questions as one. Too give you an idea the type of person I am my leaf blower runs on nitro meth. I am a tinker-er by nature and generally can think outside the box or go back to basics to get some things done. I have an alcohol 4 wheele,r a nitrous 4 wheeler, a modded jetski, an audio visual explorer, and an off road pre-runner explorer. I’m not trying to brag but convey I am not new to the game of modding. Nor am I some kid so please don’t write me off as some 17 year old who just bought the fast and furious box set (at one point I was though). I realize some of the terms I might use may not carry across into the Honda world but if you have a question just ask.

I want to powder coat my valve cover, from what I can tell the gaskets are all o-ring can anyone confirm this? I just don’t want to get it off and have an “oh sht” moment. I am also curious if I find buildup down there what you guys would use to remove it? Shop towels and manual work? Cans of carb cleaner? I have an engine washer any exotic materials that parts cleaner will destroy? Hopefully I won’t find any in there but to be prepared.

Over on club there’s a member by the name of yellowturbo anybody know how to get a hold of him? He did a motor build and decked his head for more compression, I have thought of trying this and I am curious how much he took off. I can’t seem to locate him.

Now for the rest of the thread, please don’t say K-pro I am trying to work around that, I understand what k-pro is and I know its worth. Also please don’t recommend K-pro if you do not have K-pro =P. K-pro is out for me, because of cost mainly and it is just way more then I want to do at the moment. I’ve seen it and I am impressed but it’s not in the cards.

So I would like to install an in line fuel regulator to adjust my mixture some, anyone have any pics of the tool sent with the Super Chargers to modify the regulator?. Can the factory regulator just be removed? Is it a part of the pump? I have seen aftermarket regulators inline on return less Acuras but unless the factory one is modded they can’t be doing anything (unless leaning out). I figure if I can crush the factory regulator for another 10psi (what I’ve read), then set the aftermarket to stock pressure then turn it up when I want I should be able to accomplish the following. I have an extra dry shot motorcycle kit here and have considered using it with a small 50hp shot. But I need some fuel, I do not like the looks of the manifold for a wet shot, nor do I want to upgrade it. I have seen some absolute trick setups with k-pro amazing actually imo but that’s way more then I want. It’s not a race car for me I also am just brain storming it at this point. If the above plan works I’m out less then 100bucks including dyno runs for AFR tuning. 10psi would probable be more then enough but the sniffer will tell. I also would want to use a TPS activation switch with lean afr shut down (dynotune nitrous).

I am also curious about return fuel (already made a thread). I wonder why we cannot do return fuel for forced induction nitrous etc. I know mechanical has its limitations and it is stone age to k-pro but its a lot cheaper and for those of us only looking for 230-240whp it’s much easier. Seems we could get a new fuel log, run the return line (I have seen this done) and then use a boost referencing regulator and maybe a different fuel pump if it were needed. What is the holdup here? Is it the DBW? If so how? I do not see DBW causing a problem if the angle of the blade is less the boost would be less. It might leave some on the table (a lot actually) but it should still work correct? I only ask because the plumbing turbo etc for me is super cheap I really only need a manifold but the K-pro is a deal breaker price wise. It’s my wife’s car with a baby seat. She will indulge my need to fabricate race modify etc very well but there’s a point especially when she wants a new couch lol. K-pro is just flat out not in the picture I have seen the programming and it is worth the price of admission, but too much money for me to justify the ride.

Thanks guys I know it’s a lot but any help is appreciated. There isn’t any bad information you can give me here.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like you have alot of limitations. DBW is the only set back the TSX faces. "Kpro" is pretty much your best bet and seems to be the safest. I dont think they have any aftermarket fuel pumps/regulators out that are TSX specific so crushing it seems like the alternative. I havent seen anyone with a TSX attempt this unless supercharged and used the tool provided. There are a few guys here pushing between 250whp to 330whp with stock fuel pumps so upgrading isnt 100% necessary.

Try getting ahold of a memeber here by the name of Highrev1, he may be able to help..

This link may help. https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-performance-parts-modifications-126/there-maybe-hope-us-tsxs-676366/