RBC INSTALL W/ Axion Thermal Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down RBC INSTALL W/ Axion Thermal Gasket

So lastnight I finally installed my "thermal manifold gasket" onto my car along with RBC IM. Axion says the "thermal gasket" STOP leaks from coolant design differences from the RBC to stock K24 head...BUT NOPE!!!! it leaked everywhere. I torqued down the IM again and started my car and it still leaked. Took the IM back off and to my upsetting amazement, I FOUND COOLANT IN CYL #3 & 4 !!!! LUCKILY the valves were closed and none got in!!! I was super upset, being that this is the main issue people have since the coolant designs are oval-ish to circle when placing RBC IM to head. I called Axion while the gasket was in transit, and again they asssured me it'd be the cure!!!! A waste of time seriously!! Other CU2 members I've reached out to, say they bought the adapter kit from Axion and they have a different gasket, its aluminum and not thermal plastic!!
They say they're not leaking, and I tell them to check again. I'm pissed, if that is the true cure, then why wasn't I prompted that and told to get that one instead of the plastic one!!?? Luckily we have our own shop, so having my fab guy weld it shut and re-port to match circle coolant design on stock k24 head...THATS THE ONLY CURE!!!!! So i say to Axion, inform your customers better...and you claim to NOT BE A VENDOR I've seen on other threads, and yet you push your products like their GOLD. Perhaps more attempts, instead of saying "no leaking over here" giving people the assumption that it'll solve their issues the same. We own our own tuning and performance shop, and I am very deep into the Acura/ Honda scene here, so i will pass the word out asap..saving people from possible detonation or worse!!!! I am stayin true to my RBC build and will complete it and tune tonight getting ready for our shops showcasing tomorrow at HIN MN 2015...
Gather more info and data besides your own, b4 pushing your items out in mass #'s...lotta ppl will be very upset, esp when they call and you re-assure them kindly on the phone, thanks.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
What?