Quick question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
boost = TSX's best friend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question...

I apologize if my questions have been asked before but here goes...

First of all, I wanted to find out what people are running as far as amount of lowering/tire size/wheel offset combination when running a 19 x 8.5 wheel. I was told you can run a 19 x 8.5 wheel but you lose driveability as far as not being able to make U-turns and you also have to shave the rear inner fender. Is this true?

Second of all, anyone have access to JDM headlights? I found one shop that "says" they can get it but when I called they said it was an item that they do not normally stock and it would take a month or so to get. Anyone know where they have them in stock and how much?

Third, does anyone know if JDM headlights come with HID and if they don't, will the USDM HID system work in the JDM units? I was told that JDM Accord Euro R headlights are not HID equipped and you cannot run USDM HID systems in them and I would have to buy an aftermarket HID system to use with the JDM headlights. Anybody know about this?

Lastly, does anyone know if you need a spring coompressor to install Eibach Spotline springs? I want to install the springs myself but I was told that I will need a spring compressor, is this true?

Thanks guys for any help you can give to a fellow TSX'er, it is very much appreciated.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by JDMCL9T
I apologize if my questions have been asked before but here goes...

First of all, I wanted to find out what people are running as far as amount of lowering/tire size/wheel offset combination when running a 19 x 8.5 wheel. I was told you can run a 19 x 8.5 wheel but you lose driveability as far as not being able to make U-turns and you also have to shave the rear inner fender. Is this true?
Info on 19X8.5 wheel was discussed in this threadhttps://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=19X8.5
Sounds like you have to shave the fenders with a 8.5 width but you have to specify the offset. More info can be found in The Tire Selection/Wheel Size Master Guide

Second of all, anyone have access to JDM headlights? I found one shop that "says" they can get it but when I called they said it was an item that they do not normally stock and it would take a month or so to get. Anyone know where they have them in stock and how much?

Third, does anyone know if JDM headlights come with HID and if they don't, will the USDM HID system work in the JDM units? I was told that JDM Accord Euro R headlights are not HID equipped and you cannot run USDM HID systems in them and I would have to buy an aftermarket HID system to use with the JDM headlights. Anybody know about this?
Info on JDM headlight can be found in this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=Headlights
BPT = http://www.boomplustoys.net/

Lastly, does anyone know if you need a spring coompressor to install Eibach Spotline springs? I want to install the springs myself but I was told that I will need a spring compressor, is this true?
Info from this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ing+compressor recommends a spring compressor

Thanks guys for any help you can give to a fellow TSX'er, it is very much appreciated.

But next time you really should use the search feature.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

You don't need a to shave the fender for 19x8.5 unless you drop it, since you're looking at sportlines, then your offset will determine how much you will rub, and you most likely will

the jdm headlights have 0 problems working w/ the USDM HIDs, just direct swap

and aftermarket springs require a spring compressor, its a must
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
There will be very rare a shop will stock a JDM Headlight anywhere.
Everyone is placing order 1st & wait for 6 weeks or more to deliever.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
boost = TSX's best friend

Thank you...

Thanks guys for all your help. I promise to use the search feature first before asking anymore questions so as not to waste anyones time. I am pretty new to this, I've done the whole Civic/Integra thing but this is a whole different animal. Parts are not as plentyful as what I am used to, not to mention the prices are considerably much more than I am used to dealing with. One last thing I was wondering and I will use the search feature first before asking anyone is I was just curious if anyone has front and rear big brake upgrade? I am aware of the Rotora front upgrade and the Comptech rear. Just wanted to know if this is what most people are going with? Thanks again, I appreciate the help.