View Poll Results: Do you plan to Order through this GB?
I do plan to purchase the Random High Flow Cat in this GB
60.87%
I am not planning to purchase the Cat in this GB
39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

The Official Random Technology High Flow Cat GB Details

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks to be in Cali then..
Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Polar Chicken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When are these going to Ship?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankO
Right from the random tech web site

Note that aftermarket catalytic converters are not legal for use in California on OBD2 vehicles (some 1994 and 1995 and all 1996 and later vehicles).
that sucks.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This isn't new news to me. I saw that before. I think the guys over here in Cali just plan on switching it out when it's smog time.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Teh seX

Originally Posted by Zasker1
When are these going to Ship?
UPDATE:

Dezod Motorsports LLC has been adversely effected by Hurricane Wilma. We are left with no power, hardly any water, no phone, no gas, no food. The part of FL where we are located is under a state of emergency. Please bear with us as we stumble through these desperate times. All of your cats and orders will be processed as soon as we can possibly get our bare essential utilities back up and running. Please be patient.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Polar Chicken

No worries, hope everyone is ok
Old 10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Instructor

take ur time cats can wait, we understand what is happening
Old 11-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Originally Posted by Tsx536
This isn't new news to me. I saw that before. I think the guys over here in Cali just plan on switching it out when it's smog time.
That's what I plan to do
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
FrankO

Exclamation Cali Laws.

If you get pulled over for let's say excess exhaust noise or car suspected as being too low, and an officer notices that you have replaced your catalytic converter, I was told by a neighbor "who is a traffic officer" that he would impound your vehicle, tow it away. And you would have to go to court to get it back. It sucks but cali is very strict about the pollution laws. Good luck guys, I was going to jump on this until I investigated the ramifications. Chances are if you do it no one would ever notice and you could change it out every two years for the smog check. And if it is a show car not driven on the street it would not matter anyway.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Race Director

How does this cat GB work....

I have the fujitsubo legalis R exhaust , and injen intake...and do want to purchase headers (dc sports)

Can anyone explain for the noob.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RMATIC09

I have the fujitsubo legalis R exhaust , and injen intake...and do want to purchase headers (dc sports)

This cat allows more airflow from the exhaust. It will fit up to your Legalis. I have the Comptech cat back and will be doing Comptech headers soon, so I've ordered mine, but will do the headers and hi-flow cat.

Instructions are on Pg. 1.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by RMATIC09

The high flow Cat will go in between the headers and exhuast.

The OEM cat is a lot more restrictive compared to the Random Tech Cat
Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 PM
ABP TSX

There were 3 spots left back on 21 Oct. I am going to make payment as soon as Dezod can confirm the GB is still open.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Computer Nerd

Does anyone know if the cats were at Dezod when Wilma hit?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

If you get pulled over for let's say excess exhaust noise or car suspected as being too low, and an officer notices that you have replaced your catalytic converter, I was told by a neighbor "who is a traffic officer" that he would impound your vehicle, tow it away. And you would have to go to court to get it back. It sucks but cali is very strict about the pollution laws. Good luck guys, I was going to jump on this until I investigated the ramifications. Chances are if you do it no one would ever notice and you could change it out every two years for the smog check. And if it is a show car not driven on the street it would not matter anyway.
I don't have an afermarket exhaust.....yet
...So I guess I don't have to worry about being pulled over by excess exhaust noise

But as for the officer noticing that I have replaced my cat, how will he know if he doesn't crawl under my car?

I think being caught with an aftermarket cat in California is highly unlikely unless you forget to swap to stock when you go in for SMOG checks...which are mandated every two years.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
JDM CL9

Hey has there been any news with Dezod. I have been emailing him for the past 2 weeks and there is no response. I think im gonna have alittle problem with the cat i dont think the inlet of the cat will fit my header becuase i have a toda header and it has a 2 hole flange. I forgot to let him know about it when i ordered it.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by shadowlegz
Hey has there been any news with Dezod. I have been emailing him for the past 2 weeks and there is no response. I think im gonna have alittle problem with the cat i dont think the inlet of the cat will fit my header becuase i have a toda header and it has a 2 hole flange. I forgot to let him know about it when i ordered it.
You have the Toda header?!

Can you post some pics please?

Did you notice a big performance gain with it?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:01 PM
JDM CL9

yeah i have it on ordered. it coming really soon . i was gonna put it on together with the cat. if you want one my guys can get it. Give them a call Fizz Autosports 718 631 4001 ask for Robert . here the link of what the header will look like.
I paid $1500 for it

http://toda-racing.co.jp/new/frame_new.html
Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Drives With Hands

^^ Where'd you source it? We've been trying to get the TODA header here for ages, but they haven't produced more than a handful of one-off prototypes. If you got on then you're lucky, but the rest of us won't be able to. TODA has never produced them en masse.

What officers are looking for more are test pipes - exhaust systems that are plainly catless. Per CARB, you can ONLY use the OEM cat on your vehicle. That means that even if you run leaded gasoline or pig rich and screw up your cat, you need to have a Honda OEM replacement on there to be legal. This can ONLY be confirmed by close inspection by a mechanic who knows how to check it.

That being said, CARB sucks major amounts of ass. Why a vehicle that has otherwise passing emission levels fails simply because of what's bolted onto it is about the stupidest fucking brand of logic I've ever encountered. Whatever galactically stupid asshat thought those protocols up needs to have their reproductive organs removed so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It should be relatively easy to convert the cat inlet to a 2-hole flange. Any exhaust shop should be able to do it for you. Just make sure to use stainless flange to match the cat.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:31 PM
JDM CL9

The toda header where i got it from is direct from japan which is actually the same one hondata is using. that header came out in japan in january 2005 and was made for the euro r CL7. I got the website from another post by someone like a months ago on this website toda-racing.co.jp and thats where i found the header. So i called my guys and they said they can get it and i ordered it. Hopefully i should be getting it soon. If you guys want the header ive my guys a call.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Drives With Hands

The toda header where i got it from is direct from japan which is actually the same one hondata is using. that header came out in japan in january 2005 and was made for the euro r CL7. I got the website from another post by someone like a months ago on this website toda-racing.co.jp and thats where i found the header. So i called my guys and they said they can get it and i ordered it. Hopefully i should be getting it soon. If you guys want the header ive my guys a call.
Why are you fitting a $1500 race header designed for a 2 liter engine to an engine with 400cc more of displacement?

How were you able to ensure it will even fit the block correctly?

Edit: even if it does fit it will not be tuned for a 2.4 liter engine and will therefore perform poorly
Old 11-02-2005, 02:34 AM
iVTEC no koe

I do believe the CL7 has a shorter OEM cat (b/c it only has 1 O2 sensor), so aside from the 2 bolt flange, you'll need more piping.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
JDM CL9

Be honest i was thinking about putting cams in the car and from what hondata said they said i need a race header for it to perform correctly. I called my guys today and from what they told me the header is a direct bolt on. So i figured i gave it a try
Old 11-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Be honest i was thinking about putting cams in the car and from what hondata said they said i need a race header for it to perform correctly. I called my guys today and from what they told me the header is a direct bolt on. So i figured i gave it a try

have fun trying to get a reliable way to not get the check engine light on.

they make o2 sims, maybe you should look at getting one.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
JDM CL9

Thanks Duzy I'm gonna go check it out
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Thanks Duzy I'm gonna go check it out
Hit up Rmpage. I think he did some experimenting.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Just a general note, if any of you are bitching about the late delivery, QUIT!! Here is the email most of you should've received from Paul:

Fellas,
As many of you, who watch the news and such, realized that a large hurricane BLASTED South Flordia last week. We were hit pretty hard here. We lost power for a week ( it was just restored Monday). Phone was gone until Saturday last week. We are still without internet. I am writing this from a remote location, just to keep you guys updated. Our place suffered some damage, but nothing too bad.
The bottom line being, without our internet still being up and running, we can not accept or ship any shipments. We need a bit more time. We have received several irate emails and questioning phone calls. I appologize gentleman, but we did not foresee any of this nor can we help it. We are just asking for you all to be patient and you WILL receive your cats. I promise.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I can't believe anyone so cold-hearted and selfish worrying about a car part instead someone's well being.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by JTso
I can't believe anyone so cold-hearted and selfish worrying about a car part instead someone's well being.
yea, kinda ridiculous huh?

i dont think most people have any idea how bad it is in south florida.

my friend was without power for more than a week. his company that he owns was also out of power - so no work got done.

not to mention that there is a curfew where he lives to prevent looting - then of course let's not forget the three hours he waited to pump the 20 dollar max of gas that was alloted to him.

i remember last year - everytime a hurricane hit - it felt like doomsday. it truely was every man for himself...

good luck paul.

and people stop bitching about not getting your damn cats yet. i worked with random for over three months to get this done...

just look at it this way - how long have you lived?

however long it is, you lived that long without a damn cat so you can wait just a little longer to get them.

cheers.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Teh seX

yep.. some people
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 AM
Matell

Indeed.

That's exactly what I thought when I read Paul’s email. There was more to it than posted by moda_way and the individual really needs to look outside their navel.

Patience is obviously a virtue, and although content to wait I now know that my cat is on it's way (International customer). So thanks greatly go to you Paul, and it should give you guys confidence that you'll receive your's in due time...which probably won't be too far away.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Matell
Indeed.

That's exactly what I thought when I read Paul’s email. There was more to it than posted by moda_way and the individual really needs to look outside their navel.

Patience is obviously a virtue, and although content to wait I now know that my cat is on it's way (International customer). So thanks greatly go to you Paul, and it should give you guys confidence that you'll receive your's in due time...which probably won't be too far away.
Yeah, I didn't want to be the 4th party poster of an email that Paul sent. It was shocking enough to read what I posted and then to see the cold-hearted email he received. I just
Old 11-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Thanks for your understanding gents. We just got internet up and running again today. YES, dzuy that is exactly what it was like here in Coral Springs. There was a 7PM curfew here, while the rest of Broward county was 11PM. Anyway.....not to dwell on the negatives....

So, RT is shipping us a small bunch of cats 7 or so to ship out. The 2 internationals all ready went out from RT directly.

The other 20-something odd people, RT just received the flanges for them, and need about 4-5 days to get them ready to ship to us. So, I would say, we should be shipping these the week of 14th or the 21st. It may even be earlier depending on how fasT RT moves. We are only 1-2 days transit time from RT via Fed Ex or UPS.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM
FrankO

God I really hate doing this again

I called TODA a few weeks ago, when I saw their headers I forgot all about the Comptech unit. Well TODA told me NONE of their headers are CARB approved and not to be used on the street in any state . They are for racing only..........

So will everyone put on TODA headers and this converter and just replace the both of them for your smog check? Honestly what is to prevent anyone from just putting through pipes from the engine to the rear tips. why even put in this converter why not just stick in a test pipe and change it out for smog checks.

Why wouldn't we recommend the TODAs which are the coolest headers out there, and a custom BIG tube exhaust system. Then you can just rip out the whole unit for smog checks. Why not it is just as easy are replacing all of those individual pieces.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

I called TODA a few weeks ago, when I saw their headers I forgot all about the Comptech unit. Well TODA told me NONE of their headers are CARB approved and not to be used on the street in any state . They are for racing only..........

So will everyone put on TODA headers and this converter and just replace the both of them for your smog check? Honestly what is to prevent anyone from just putting through pipes from the engine to the rear tips. why even put in this converter why not just stick in a test pipe and change it out for smog checks.

Why wouldn't we recommend the TODAs which are the coolest headers out there, and a custom BIG tube exhaust system. Then you can just rip out the whole unit for smog checks. Why not it is just as easy are replacing all of those individual pieces.

I could be wrong here but race headers don't have an O2 sensor bung and also tend to be long, so to do the "switch" you'd also have to yank out the header b/c you couldn't simply swap cats.
Knowing a few folks at Honda, the studs on the block are not meant to be torqued and untorqued more than twice (not that you can't but the liklihood that they'll hold their torque goes down).
I don't have the same checks you do in Cali, but I certainly wouldn't like to remove and replace headers and cats once a year for the next "x" number of years even if it gets me a butt load of hp b/c in the end, I'm willing to bet you'd do more damage to these pipes and potentially the header bolts than it is worth.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
FrankO

Thumbs up Exactly (For Cali Owners Only)

You are correct sir. We here in Cali do have to deal with those types of issues.

Toda Headers are a pipe dream for us. Was that pun? Anyway, you can't do what I suggested. So why put an aftermarket cat in your system at all if you are going to put the orginal back in for smog checks. Couldn't you just put in a test pipe, get more HP and save the cash?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Drives With Hands

I called TODA a few weeks ago...
Is their header for the TSX in production? Like I said, this has been looked into in some detail by a number of people on this forum and the word from TODA is that the TSX header will NOT go into production unless we can wrange up ten guys or so and get them to do a limited production run for a group buy. The header that Hondata tested with their TSX was a one-off prototype. It is not for sale anywhere.

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Hit up Rmpage. I think he did some experimenting.
I built a sim using a LM555 timer IC, which was very basic and didn't work all too well.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
FrankO

Originally Posted by rmpage
Is their header for the TSX in production? Like I said, this has been looked into in some detail by a number of people on this forum and the word from TODA is that the TSX header will NOT go into production unless we can wrange up ten guys or so and get them to do a limited production run for a group buy. The header that Hondata tested with their TSX was a one-off prototype. It is not for sale anywhere.

I built a sim using a LM555 timer IC, which was very basic and didn't work all too well.

They didn't tell me that, they just said they were not CARB approved. I know I have seen them for sale on at least one online website. That is how I found bout about them. They were (I think) $1300???? My Memory is bad I am getting Old.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
JDM CL9

$1500 is how much they are charging for that header man. Mad expensive

Quick Reply: The Official Random Technology High Flow Cat GB Details