Looking for outside opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for outside opinions.

Hello,

I've been searching around here alot lately and I have some questions.

I just bought my 2007 CGP Auto navi tsx and it will be delivered saturday morning.

I am already itching to do something to it. i've been thinking of buying a tsx for two years so i've had a long time to think about what to do with it.. and i still haven't decided =[

I originally wanted to supercharge it, hondata it, and maybe exhaust and suspension.

Now im seeing people say comptech is out of business [their website doesnt show this] and i dont see very many mods out there for an automatic 2007 tsx.

I'm not familiar with these cars when it comes to these mods. I'm not a genius with engines and all i can do is ask around. My buddy here is a honda nut and tells me to do a head swap with the rsx type r i believe, and then supercharge it. I have no idea how to do that, where the find the parts, how much it would cost, etc...

I just want a stronger car for the lowest dollar of course [doesn't everyone?]

I have no preference between turbo or supercharger. Under the engine FAQ i think its odd not to see supercharger/turbo listed at all. Yet i know comptech made one at least.

What should i do? If i could get it up to 280 i'd be happy. Thanks for any info. I've searched and seen alot of options for older tsx's but i am clueless if they are compatible, etc.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always find it strange when people want to majorly mod their TSX, yet have no clue as to where to start.

Sure, you have to learn somewhere...But on a $30K car?? And why not just buy a car that already HAS 280+ hp???

The CT supercharger is the only kit available for the TSX. Dont know if they have one for an 07. Yes, their going out of bidness.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Gee that was helpful.. lol

I know what to do on other vehicles.. but these japanese cars are all new to me sorry.

If you can't understand the difference between american and japanese you are retarded. From looking at them for five seconds i can tell they are another world.

See, coming from the other side of things, my "normal" aftermarket companies are gone, my shops to order parts from are gone, the engine styles and operation are different [sorry man, GM doesnt have v-tec]

if you think a bolt on supercharger is a major mod perhaps you are the one who shouldnt be doing it... Wasn't hard when we put it on the s10. The head swap is only difficult because i have never needed to do that on my other vehicles.. see it was easy enough to get 80 hp out of a GM motor without having to swap parts. once again this japanese thing is new to me.

Why not buy a car that has 280.. hmm.. well i dont like them. the TL is the only car i'd even mildly consider buying other than the TSX and for whatever reason i'd rather have a TSX and build onto it.

Unfortunately you assume i know nothing about cars in general when in fact i know nothing about these tightly-packed low-power japanese cars. That being said i still really like the design of the tsx and it drove well.. just too weak for my preference so it won't be staying that way.

You're 32 and you say "bidness?" rofl..
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Unfortunately, there's nothing out for the 07s in terms of FI or reflashing. For engine performance, the only thing you can mod as of now is the exhaust system with I/H/C/E bolt-ons.

Btw, if you really wanted more power out of the engine, why did you get an AT?

MT is where it's at, especially with the buttery smooth shifter that the TSX comes with .
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
he also said "their" :gheylaugh:

You need to search around our Performace Parts & Modifications forum. This might peak your interest: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37088
Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh well it's

haha man, someone is getting their ass handed to them.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAYTA
Unfortunately, there's nothing out for the 07s in terms of FI or reflashing. For engine performance, the only thing you can mod as of now is the exhaust system with I/H/C/E bolt-ons.

Btw, if you really wanted more power out of the engine, why did you get an AT?

MT is where it's at, especially with the buttery smooth shifter that the TSX comes with .

I get made fun of at work [we do CGI for GM's advertising agencies so naturally they are all motorheads here] for not buying a manual, but i drive in and home in traffic and i'm lazy.

I enjoyed the sport shift mode and thats good enough for me. I've never driven a manual but know how. I don't see why you cant get the same power out of an auto nowadays. Only thing i heard was that honda cant make a decent auto to save their lives.. seems ok to me though.

oh and the last reason.. this was the last one on the lot and i got it for invoice, also got all accessories at dealer cost.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlukja

You need to search around our Performace Parts & Modifications forum. This might peak your interest: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37088

thanks i had missed that one.

I noticed he said their as well and that is one of my pet peeves.. Im fricking dyslexic and if i can use the proper grammar damnit.. so can everyone else.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by MeHoo
Gee that was helpful.. lol
Get use to it.

I know what to do on other vehicles.. but these japanese cars are all new to me sorry.

If you can't understand the difference between american and japanese you are retarded. From looking at them for five seconds i can tell they are another world.
Fucktard, did you actually read your first post? Please point out where you explain that you're an American car swammy..

See, coming from the other side of things, my "normal" aftermarket companies are gone, my shops to order parts from are gone, the engine styles and operation are different [sorry man, GM doesnt have v-tec]
Should have explained that before, I'm not fucking Nostradamus.

if you think a bolt on supercharger is a major mod perhaps you are the one who shouldnt be doing it... Wasn't hard when we put it on the s10. The head swap is only difficult because i have never needed to do that on my other vehicles.. see it was easy enough to get 80 hp out of a GM motor without having to swap parts. once again this japanese thing is new to me.
I was referring mostly to the head swaps and any engine work. And in reality, to most people that own a TSX, a supercharger IS a major mod along with any engine work, which hasnt happened around here. In labor terms? Maybe not.

Why not buy a car that has 280.. hmm.. well i dont like them. the TL is the only car i'd even mildly consider buying other than the TSX and for whatever reason i'd rather have a TSX and build onto it.
Good thing you researched the moddability of the TSX before you bought it.

Unfortunately you assume i know nothing about cars in general when in fact i know nothing about these tightly-packed low-power japanese cars. That being said i still really like the design of the tsx and it drove well.. just too weak for my preference so it won't be staying that way.
Again, from you're first post, that was clearly the case.

You're 32 and you say "bidness?" rofl..
You're mom's 45 and seems to like my cawk ...Oh, did I say "cawk", silly me...

Enjoy your TSX!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Just dial 1911

THEY'RE. happy?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Sclass88
I should change my name to Orval Redenbacher, I'm always making people break out the popcorn.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
I should change my name to Orval Redenbacher, I'm always making people break out the popcorn.
It's Orville, btw.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
It's Orville, btw.
Fantastic.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You're mom's 45 and seems to like my cawk ...Oh, did I say "cawk", silly me...
That's not necessary. Ease up Joe, don't make it personal.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,750 Likes on 2,534 Posts
damn joercokt is on a roll.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:26 PM

I think it was absolutely necessary.

for Joerockt
Old 04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Just dial 1911

Just trying to liven things up. You know me...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Instructor

hahahahaha

CCColtsshnameistoolong:

You just keep stroking the 32 year old boy's e-penis. he obviously needs it.

oh where to start...

"It's Orville, btw."

hahaha wish i was sitting here when he posted that.

"fucktard".. where did i need to say i was an american anything? shouldn't need to give my e-credentials for some 32 year old boy retard on the forums to accept my harmless post.

"Should have explained that before, I'm not fucking Nostradamus."

well gee.. we all didn't figure that out already. Thanks for clearing that up because i thought for sure that you were a fricking genius from your initial post... once again.. where does it say "so child-men on the forums don't hassle you please state your previous vehicle knowledge"? I missed that sticky.

I researched the TSX quite a bit. not the 2007 but oh well. Once again with GM vehicles i rarely had to worry about them changing the hell out of everything from year to year.. aparantly Honda thinks differently. I guess thats why they are so popular.. their ease of modability....

Funny how you know how old my mom is but i dont... lol. Tell her i said hi? You sure you're 32 and not 12? The "your mom" jokes went out when i was still in high school..

Bidness lol.. i still cant get the thought out of my mind that you are most likely some retard 32 year old drooling and sitting in your mom's basement listening to Ludacris waiting for people to post so you can show your ignorance even more. Oh i should add you are most likely in your underwear too.

keep it up, ur certainly entertaining your fan. Not the help i was expecting when i asked the questions but entertaining anyways.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 PM

hahahahaha

CCColtsshnameistoolong:

oh where to start...

"It's Orville, btw."

"fucktard".. where did i need to say i was an american anything? shouldn't need to give my e-credentials for some 32 year old boy retard on the forums to accept my harmless post.

well gee.. we all didn't figure that out already. Thanks for clearing that up because i thought for sure that you were a fricking genius from your initial post... once again.. where does it say "so child-men on the forums don't hassle you please state your previous vehicle knowledge"? I missed that sticky.

I researched the TSX quite a bit. not the 2007 but oh well. Once again with GM vehicles i rarely had to worry about them changing the hell out of everything from year to year.. aparantly Honda thinks differently. I guess thats why they are so popular.. their ease of modability....

Funny how you know how old my mom is but i dont... lol. Tell her i said hi? You sure you're 32 and not 12? The "your mom" jokes went out when i was still in high school..

Bidness lol.. i still cant get the thought out of my mind that you are most likely some retard 32 year old drooling and sitting in your mom's basement listening to Ludacris waiting for people to post so you can show your ignorance even more. Oh i should add you are most likely in your underwear too.

keep it up, ur certainly entertaining your fan. Not the help i was expecting when i asked the questions but entertaining anyways.
get your panties in a bunch much
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Joe:
If you think you can rip me apart you are mistaken. You are far from a Professional Dick, and I am not. Feel free to continue because it only makes you look worse. People who really know they can be assholes don't have to advertise it in faggy forum signatures lol. Grow up loser.

CCCwhatever:

You still here? Im sittin at work getting paid to make fun of retards.. how is that getting panties in bunches lol? You mad because its the truth?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Let's see, where to begin.

If you were actually acting your age, and trying to be the mature one, you'd shut up, say thanks, move along and ignore joerockt's comments. You'll find most of the people on here as smartasses, but they'll actually teach you something. Some of us have a slightly nicer approach. Stop handing each other your asses, and grow up FFS.

hahahahaha

CCColtsshnameistoolong:

oh where to start...

"It's Orville, btw."

Old 04-25-2007, 07:12 PM

Joe:
If you think you can rip me apart you are mistaken. You are far from a Professional Dick, and I am not. Feel free to continue because it only makes you look worse. People who really know they can be assholes don't have to advertise it in faggy forum signatures lol. Grow up loser.

CCCwhatever:

You still here? Im sittin at work getting paid to make fun of retards.. how is that getting panties in bunches lol? You mad because its the truth?
way to come in here and in your first 25 posts try to become mr. forum tough guy.

let all bow down to the all mighty MeHoo.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Let's see, where to begin.

If you were actually acting your age, and trying to be the mature one, you'd shut up, say thanks, move along and ignore joerockt's comments. You'll find most of the people on here as smartasses, but they'll actually teach you something. Some of us have a slightly nicer approach. Stop handing each other your asses, and grow up FFS.
Obviously the guy has issues if he took offense to my first post.

Nothing wrong with a little sarcasm and if anything, it brings out some people's true colors, like this fucktard for instance...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Instructor

hahaha

ohhhhh now post count is what defines a larger e-penis.. gee and here i was going about it all wrong. the way you stroked joe i thought it was how much of an asshole he could be. my mistake i'll have to adapt and post 15 times in each thread like you do to get my post count up. my bad man. Are you like his son or something?

I could care less who is the forum "tough guy" but i'd prefer to lash back at some punk after a long day at work. Didn't mean to annoy any legit members, just having some fun with the lesser minds.

I never said i was mature at all. Acting my age, well i've seen some pretty dumb 32 year olds so i guess i'm doing well for 25...

like i said just blowin off steam after a long day working. if it offends you dont attack me and i wont lash back i guess. I'm far from a passive person so i dont usually let much go un-attended. Now when i clock out and go home im surely not gonna waste my time here like these two geniuses who have nothing better to do lol.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
No, you're NOT doing well for coming back to this thread, and making yourself look like an idiot even more. Alright tough guy, go back to your desk job, and ignore these two "geniouses".
Old 04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Obviously the guy has issues if he took offense to my first post.

Nothing wrong with a little sarcasm and if anything, it brings out some people's true colors, like this fucktard for instance...

you're a sarcastic, illiterate, problem maker and the fact that you needed to call yourself a professional dick doesn't leave much to the imagination to new people who read your responses. gee, sorry for coming to the conclusion that you weren't just jokin around...

Just a little sarcasm.. yeah you just got a bit back too and didn't seem to handle it well. out came the "fucktards" and other childish comments. don't try to act like you're an innocent saint.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM

your posts keep getting funnier and funnier cause I dont ever care what you say. you get all mad about comments made on a forum
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Instructor

i like how you assume i'm mad. i hardly think any of us here are storming about all pissed off. A while back i moderated a number of forums and had to be all professional all the time. Fuk that. Where's the fun in that? Then you get your other members who have nothing to do with anything that try to play mediary and all they end up doing is exactly what they sought to stop.. create more problems lol.

I don't have to be pissed to sound like a sarcastic jerkoff too.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
6MT or Death

This thread started out as a help me mods thread, and now it looks like a bunch of you need to clean the sand out of your vaginas.

MeHoo, search for turbochargers and you'll learn all about the lack of engine management possibility on the stock setup creating an impossibility for a turbo. This will lead to other discussion concerning your buddy's suggest of the rsx swap (enter throttle cable and K-Pro possibilities) but ends in the loss of a few key features.

Searching these terms will help because it's been addressed MANY times which is why you received a semi-annoyed response from some of our more involved members.

I wouldn't mind 280HP either, but unless something happends with (anyone hear anything?) I'd suggest you email/write your favorite performance companies and ask if they have any plans.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Just dial 1911

Case closed...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM

i like how you assume i'm mad. i hardly think any of us here are storming about all pissed off. A while back i moderated a number of forums and had to be all professional all the time. Fuk that. Where's the fun in that? Then you get your other members who have nothing to do with anything that try to play mediary and all they end up doing is exactly what they sought to stop.. create more problems lol.

I don't have to be pissed to sound like a sarcastic jerkoff too.
well your the one making long ranting posts
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor

The lack i've read about on here is in the hondata support mainly. Although King shows it in stock for this engine type unless i misread it.

My questions mainly meant to find the answers to those "lost key features" you describe because that is where my searches ended. It just seems hard to believe that the possibility for tuning these engines is there but not fulfilled by vendors. thats why i figured i missed something in my searches.

I see alot of posts on here regarding these questions but few have full answers hence my posting. if that pisses people off the i guess oh well. Its not like i haven't searched. If i came here asking what a header is then i would expect these responses. To be honest this forum doesn't seem to harness alot of answers, just alot of questions.

Thanks for the help though.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
well your the one making long ranting posts

Im rendering and bored and type fast. sorry.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
6MT or Death

The lack i've read about on here is in the hondata support mainly. Although King shows it in stock for this engine type unless i misread it.

My questions mainly meant to find the answers to those "lost key features" you describe because that is where my searches ended. It just seems hard to believe that the possibility for tuning these engines is there but not fulfilled by vendors. thats why i figured i missed something in my searches.

I see alot of posts on here regarding these questions but few have full answers hence my posting. if that pisses people off the i guess oh well. Its not like i haven't searched. If i came here asking what a header is then i would expect these responses. To be honest this forum doesn't seem to harness alot of answers, just alot of questions.

I tried to be nice, but you don't seem able to stifle your doucheness.

Enjoy some pity:
from thread-"05 TSX turbocharger question"
Originally Posted by rmpage
Honda (and many other manufacturers) do not release the source code for their ECU software, meaning that Hondata has to reverse-engineer the ECU in order to reprogram or Kpro it. The K series has VTC, and in the TSX, controls VSA, DBW, the instrument cluster, and even the freaking climate control system, making it the most complex engine management in a Honda yet. The more complex the EMS, the harder it is to crack. Especially for a few people versus a massive team of Honda engineers.
Search...and ye shall find.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Just dial 1911

The hondata support is in the form of a reflash, thats it. Most of the "tuners" here would like to see a Kpro for engine management, otherwise slapping in a turbo is useless.

Hondata has stated they have no plans to produce one.

Look, you're talking with some people who have owned TSX's for 3-4 years now. No one in their right mind is going to take a $30K car, gut it, and start swapping out engines for their daily driver. Plenty of questions have been answered and bottom line, you bought the wrong car to do the type of modifications you want done. And even if you could get it done, prepare to spend $$$$$$$.

And read this paragraph you wrote and you tell me what someone from the "outside" is suppose to think.

I'm not familiar with these cars when it comes to these mods. I'm not a genius with engines and all i can do is ask around. My buddy here is a honda nut and tells me to do a head swap with the rsx type r i believe, and then supercharge it. I have no idea how to do that, where the find the parts, how much it would cost, etc...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Instructor

no idea what the problem is, but i thought i just said the exact same thing...

"The lack i've read about on here is in the hondata support mainly."

Although like i said... King shows that they have a basic reflash so i assume its "cracked" so to speak.

Like i said i don't know much about these frucking hondas. I have no idea why i'm a douche for that but whatever. I was told you do whatever you need to the engine, headswap, etc then send it in to hondata and make them aware and they fix ya up. guessing its not that simple.

Guess i don't know much about these ECU's. Just the fact that you have to send your ecu in to hondata seems alien to me. i bought reprogrammers for my other vehicles and they were simple enough.

Anyways i said thanks because i appreciated the help. its not that i didnt search i just dont understand alot of what i'm reading when it comes to this stuff.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Instructor

oh ok. i see where im not getting it. i wasn't aware they weren't making a k-pro for this, i just figured it was taking a while. i figured if they cracked the typical reflash then k-pro wasn't a huge deal.

Thanks for the info, i'll make sure my buddy is aware of this and that hes steering me wrong.

Money isnt an issue. Rather not say anything more on that. i'd prefer not to spend oodles but its not because i don't have it. My house needs a finished basement before i dump 10k into my new car i don't even have yet thats all. i didnt buy the tsx because it was cheap, i just love its design over all other cars on the road.

Im not a genius with these cars. to be honest this whole hondata thing alone is enough to make me go nuts. slapping a s/c on a s10, flashing it, putting the suspension on, turn limiter, rear wheel lockers, etc was all so simple compared to this. this seems to be alot more research and engine codes, etc than just labor.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread is now about fat people eating. I'll go first.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Instructor

yeah you have fun with that.. im off work. l8r

Quick Reply: Looking for outside opinions.