Just purchased- Hondata ECU Reflash for 06' AT

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just purchased- Hondata ECU Reflash for 06' AT

I just sent my ECU to Hondata today for My 06' TSX 5AT . I used King Mortorsports Unlimited as my dealer but I shipped it direct to Hondata. The removal of the ECU and immobilizer was easy. the instructions provided by Hondata were great.
This will be my first perfomance upgrade on this car. Other upgrades planned are
CAI, Comptech Header with CAT, and Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust, in that order.

Has anyone else already gotten the 06' re-flash? I only saw threads and impressions for the 04's and 05's. Hondata says that the gains are significantly better on the 06' due to changes to the K24A for 06'.

I look forward to receiveing it back and re-installing it. I'll let you know my impressions at each stage if anyone is interested.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you do a baseline dyno by chance?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I think you must be the first since I haven't heard about anyone else with an 06 getting the reflash yet. I didn't realize that they had completed development on the 06 AT reflash?

Either way, I will have to see if I have the money to spend in a few months before I send out my ECU.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats. Let us know how you like it.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't wait! hey can u PM some details on how the transaction work? I wanna get my hondata soon too!! oh yeah, can u tell me how difficult it was to get the stuff out? Did you remove ur resonator cause i heard it was hard to do in an 06
Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Banned

Looks like both of us will be driving with 06 5AT reflash this week. Mine was shipped today also and Hondata is getting it tomorrow at ~3:00PM. Hopefully they reflash and ship it back the same day and I'll be driving Wednesday =p

Not sure how transaction for Kingmotorsports are. I handled mine through a local Hondata dealer. All I did was meet up with him with the ECU, Key, Immobilizer, and $595. Sign the Hondata Reflash paper and he handles the rest, shipping overnight to Hondata.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Man 05 AT are screwed
Old 04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
on the reflash guys.

Definitely report back with your driving impressions after you guys get it!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:48 PM
ICG
British

Good work ! v. interested to see the results
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Instructor

Yes, I will be getting the reflash in the summer and would be very interested in your feedback. Everybody who has gotten it seems to think it is the best bang for your buck. Congrats.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Banned

weee the dealer told me my ecu is coming in tomorrow(wednesday). cant wait
Old 04-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Did you do a baseline dyno by chance?

No, i didn't feel it was worth the expense or necessary. It's a mass produced car. The Hondata baselines or the Baseline dyno's from any other 06 TSX 5AT are close enough for me. Any of them sould be close to what my car puts out in stock form.

Also I said that the ECU reflash was just my first upgrade. The Intake and Exhaust upgrades are planned in the future and should be done within the next 3 months.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by acn684
can't wait! hey can u PM some details on how the transaction work? I wanna get my hondata soon too!! oh yeah, can u tell me how difficult it was to get the stuff out? Did you remove ur resonator cause i heard it was hard to do in an 06
Called KMS, gave them my CC number, they charged it and told me to ship the ECU to Hondata. that is all there was to it.

It was piece of cake to get the ECU and Immobilizer out. One suggestion though is to use a cresent wrech to remove the bolt on the passenger side before removing the ECU wiring. I could not loosen the clips with the ECU in place. So I took the bolt out and slid the ecu out as far as I could, Then it was easy to disconnect the wires and it came right out.

Just be patient and take your time on the steering wheel getting the immobilizer out so you don't break anything.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I think you must be the first since I haven't heard about anyone else with an 06 getting the reflash yet. I didn't realize that they had completed development on the 06 AT reflash?

Either way, I will have to see if I have the money to spend in a few months before I send out my ECU.

I just happend to look at the Hondata Site last Friday and there it was at the top of the page.

"06 TSX Auto reflash now available (Apr 06)

Hondata announces the reflash for the 06 TSX Automatic."

I couldn't wait until Monday to place my order.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Reflashed ECU Received and Re-installed

So I got it back already, re-Installed it. Test Drove it breifly and I am impressed. Immediately noticed better throttle response.
The VTEC kicks in as advertised. Car accelerates must faster now.

I'm driving it from NYC to Boston tomorrow. I cant wait to start passin slow drivin fools on the Hwy.

I'm curious to see the impact the reflash has on my gas milage.

I'll have a better Idea of the perfoamnce gains after my drive tomorrow but if my initial impressions hold, it was definitely worth the Money.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
10th Gear

i can still get about 25-27 mpg with the reflash when i drive modestly.

remember its not the reflash that has an impact on your gas mileage. its your foot on the peddle
Old 04-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dashersonic
So I got it back already, re-Installed it. Test Drove it breifly and I am impressed. Immediately noticed better throttle response.

I'm driving it from NYC to Boston tomorrow. I cant wait to start passin slow drivin fools on the Hwy.

I'll have a better Idea of the perfoamnce gains after my drive tomorrow but if my initial impressions hold, it was definitely worth the Money.
Yeah me too, got it back today and drove about 70 miles on it. I am very impressed with it. VTEC at 4850 all the way to 7600 is just awesome, engine just screams and it pulls alot harder now. I just walk my friend's 01' V6 Accord Sedan now. Before we would just be neck and neck. I agree with you and it was definitely worth the money.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Instructor

Sounds impressive. Keep the reviews coming. Just wondering if either of you have any other engine mods besides the reflash?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Banned

Oh, I got an Injen CAI but running short ram atm. Love shifting and staying in VTEC. Next week I am going to see if theres any improvements in 1/4 mile time. With just CAI my best run that day was 16.6@84.71 . Automatic just kills the launch lol
Old 04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adamantiium
Oh, I got an Injen CAI but running short ram atm. Love shifting and staying in VTEC. Next week I am going to see if theres any improvements in 1/4 mile time. With just CAI my best run that day was 16.6@84.71 . Automatic just kills the launch lol
I look forward to seeing some objective results. I know many have claimed that they can feel the difference with the reflash using their butt dynos but I wonder how much it translates to in actual time.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think I've seen any times for an AT with hondata.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
I look forward to seeing some objective results. I know many have claimed that they can feel the difference with the reflash using their butt dynos but I wonder how much it translates to in actual time.
The Butt Dyno is all that matters to me, I bought the reflash just to enhance my own everyday driving fun, not to go racing. If racing was the intention I would not have bought a TSX.

I love fast cars, but I love the styling, luxury, and technology the TSX offers more. It was a small trade off buying a car with less power but more of everything else in my price range. So I don't mind adding a few mods to get the car where it should be on the Butt dyno. If you read my fist post, I have no other mods on the car at this time, but I am planning to add an intake and new exhaust system in the near future.

I have absolutely no regrets about buying ths car. However I am confounded at why ACURA, after 3 years, has not offered a Type -S or other version of this car with increased power since it is roundly critisized by the automotive press and enthusiast drivers as not having enough power to match its excellent chassis dynamics and handling performance. Seems like a no brainer - they'd likely sell a lot more to us power hungry Americans if they offerd that option.
Maybe next Gen.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Advanced

How are you liking the reflash? On the 1-2 shift, what RPM do you need to shift at to stay in VTEC?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 AM
ICG
British

Bump for more driving impressions? Also Hondata states that the redline increases to 7600 but only in S/S mode. Have you tried that out yet???
Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

However I am confounded at why ACURA, after 3 years, has not offered a Type -S or other version of this car with increased power since it is roundly critisized by the automotive press and enthusiast drivers as not having enough power to match its excellent chassis dynamics and handling performance. Seems like a no brainer - they'd likely sell a lot more to us power hungry Americans if they offerd that option.
The TSX was introduced in 2004 in a limited run of 15k cars.

My 2006, built in March, had vin #13454.

Seems like they're already selling plenty...